SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Picked up a Browning B92 in 44 mag **pics added**
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a Browning B92 in 44 mag **pics added** Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
I wish I could post pictures. It’s in perfect condition. Centennial model made in 1978. Never fired. Still has plastic protector on saddle ring and trigger. Sadly, no box. Who else has one? Should I fire this one or try to find a shooter?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ruger357,

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
If you don't fire it someone else will when you're no longer above ground and taking in nourishment.

Shoot it.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neat little rifle, congratulations. Swage's advice is correct, but I too don't generally fire unfired commemoratives. There was your rifle, a Browning HP in nickel with gold trigger, and a knife set, all available with the same serial number in 1978. Absent the box and the other pieces, I might actually fire yours.

Posts: 987 | Registered: January 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I have one that I picked up horse trading when I lived in Alabama almost 20 years ago. Same as yours, the Centennial model. Mine is less than perfect, so I have no qualms about shooting it. And it is a slick, easy handling little rifle. I’ll try and post up pics later.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I wasn't familiar with this model so I just looked it up...that is a nice looking rifle!

I'd like to add a .44 mag lever action to my inventory some day so I'm going to have to add this to the list of ones being considered.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
I wasn't familiar with this model so I just looked it up...that is a nice looking rifle!

I'd like to add a .44 mag lever action to my inventory some day so I'm going to have to add this to the list of ones being considered.

I really wasn’t familiar with it either until I read an article by Sheriff JIM Wilson. He is a big fan.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
quote:

I really wasn’t familiar with it either until I read an article by Sheriff JIM Wilson. He is a big fan.

In the last few years I've developed an interest in a few Browning rifles, shotguns (BLR Takedown, BAR, A5 and a nifty .22 LR butt feed the model escapes me at the moment but my Dad had one that I got to shoot as a kid) that I never had much interest in years ago as a young shooter but now I've developed an interest in and of course several Browning handuns including the iconic Hi Power that I have been interested in for many years. (In addition to being an iconic historically important and good looking gun I think the BHP is an interesting design).

I'm betting several members would like to see pics of your new rifle and the rifle that Sheriff Jim Wilson is a fan of...tell you what, I am way busy right now but if you email a few pics of it to me I'll make the time to post them for you.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
quote:

In the last few years I've developed an interest in a few Browning rifles, shotguns (BLR Takedown, BAR, A5 and a nifty .22 LR butt feed the model escapes me at the moment but my Dad had one that I got to shoot as a kid) that I never had much interest in years ago as a young shooter but now I've developed an interest in and of course several Browning handuns including the iconic Hi Power that I have been interested in for many years. (In addition to being an iconic historically important and good looking gun I think the BHP is an interesting design).

I'm betting several members would like to see pics of your new rifle and the rifle that Sheriff Jim Wilson is a fan of...tell you what, I am way busy right now but if you email a few pics of it to me I'll make the time to post them for you.
let me play around with it and if I can't get it working I'll email you. Thanks.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
She’s a beaut- mine is nowhere near that nice, thank goodness.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
Nice job with the pics. That is one fancy looking rifle and in beautiful condition! Were it mine I'd be tempted to keep it unfired and look for a shooter grade rifle, but I don't think there is a wrong answer here.

If you do decide to shoot it let us know how it shoots.

posted Hide Post
Mine wasn't the Centennial, but I had a B92 in 44 magnum. It was a neat handling, fun little gun to shoot. I ended up trading it off after my interests moved in other directions.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I kinda agree with Modern Day Savage about that. You'll probably get more money for this carbine than it will cost to get a standard grade used shooter. By the way, you can't beat these B92s. Great little carbines! I have a like new one that was rebarreled to 38-40 recently (I'm infactuated with old west calibers. Only did that because I still have a NIB 44 Mag. A third B92 in 357 Mag accompanies these two. You may or may not know that the B92 was produced in Japan by Miroku from about 1978/9 into the early 80s. Today, these are still made by Miroku, however under the Winchester name. The thing most people don't like about the current ones is the fact that there is now a tang safety. Also the traditional half-cock hammer safety has been replaced by a rebounding hammer. On top of that, the firing pin is a complicated spring loaded affair... B92s are dead ringers for original Winchester Model 1892 carbines!

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post