SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New to me M1 Carbine
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to me M1 Carbine Login/Join 
posted
Got this guy at a small estate auction for what I thought was a good deal. Everything marked Underwood or one of their contractors except for a Rock Ola barrel dated 1942. Has a Standard Products rebuild stamp but I'm unsure of the date. It's completely covered in cosmoline so I can't imagine it's been fired since the rebuild.

Posts: 436 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nice score! I don't have one of those yet, but I want one in a bad way.

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
very handsome. Congrats!

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3184 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Congrats and enjoy! M1’s in fresh condition from postwar re-arsenal isn’t something you see a whole lot of these days.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice find. I used to have several and now I'm wishing I had at least a coupe of them back. They are great shooters.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
Very nice. They are a lot of fun to shoot i recently inherited my second one from my brother when he passed.

Posts: 1199 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Nice find! I really wish that I had understood a bit earlier what a handy firearm the M1 Carbine is.
I have a couple and always enjoy shooting them. Plus it's neat to hold such a piece of history and wonder where it's been.

That looks like a good one

Posts: 724 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. The more I look into the markings/history of this thing the happier I am with it. Just imagining where it's been is cool enough. Not bad for $700 in my opinion...

Posts: 436 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
$700? That's a damn steal in today's market. Hell, it was a steal before the recent gun panic. That's impressive.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
$700? That's a damn steal in today's market. Hell, it was a steal before the recent gun panic. That's impressive.

Yea, wish I had more free cash. There were 6 Carbines I think and mine was the most expensive. The others were all $6-650.

posted Hide Post
Very cool indeed.

Wish I had paid more attention the last 10 or so years that such formerly surplus stuff is disappearing.

Congrats.

Posts: 607 | Location: Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCFD4:
Yea, wish I had more free cash. There were 6 Carbines I think and mine was the most expensive. The others were all $6-650.

Wow. At that price, you could snag a couple, flip them for what's still a fair market price and pay for most of, or all of the one you already bought.

Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Great score! I would have jumped on it too! Gotta give us a range report too. Big Grin

Posts: 1124 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Reminded me of looking at the Monkey Ward catalog way back when. You paid too much. Big Grin
https://www.union-bulletin.com...0d-47f38d32aaf2.html

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful. I carried one as a LEO in the 70's. Wish I had it or another back. Good acquisition.

Posts: 12 | Registered: March 23, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
In 1981 carried one as a LEO in patrol car between drivers door and drivers seat. Purchased new at a discount store for less than $150 out the door. Universal was the maker IIRC. ...................... drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Sweet. I too live in VA (Northern VA). Do you think any of those other ones are still available, and were they in similar condition (I know you got the best one)? PM me if that is possible. If not, my email is in my profile.

I have a refinished shooter grade M1 and I'd be interested in getting another.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
quote:
quote:

Yea, wish I had more free cash. There were 6 Carbines I think and mine was the most
expensive. The others were all $6-650.

Sweet. I too live in VA (Northern VA). Do you think any of those other ones are still available, and were they in similar condition (I know you got the best one)? PM me if that is possible. If not, my email is in my profile.

I have a refinished shooter grade M1 and I'd be interested in getting another.

The prices that I stated were what the auctions ended for. They definitely all sold...

posted Hide Post
Thanks. Easy come, easy go... Enjoy your M1 carbine!

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
Nice looking gun! PSA has a great, pre-panic price on cases of .30 Carbine ammo. Stock up and get her shooting. The Carbine is my favorite rifle, handy, fun, loads of history. Great score.

Posts: 831 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post