SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    RUGER 10/22 with Kidd Innovative Design Upgrades
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RUGER 10/22 with Kidd Innovative Design Upgrades Login/Join 
Picture of hjs157
posted
I thought I would share with you the evolution of my Ruger 10/22. This rifle began it's life with me a couple of years ago as an NOS 1995 International model. At that time I upgraded it with a Kidd bolt and trigger group. After topping it with a Leupold FX-1 4x28mm rimfire scope it went in the safe where it remained forgotten and unmolested until last week. This morning I installed a Kidd 16.5" threaded bull barrel and a KSA Revolution Nomad laminated stock. The only remaining Ruger factory components are the receiver and charging handle. Thanks for looking.

Before

After

Posts: 3505 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
NICE!
So now will it get molested a little bit? or will it be a few more years when you realize you need to replace the charge handle too?

There is another Nomad kit for it ... Archangel

This isn't mine, but a big brown truck did drop off my Archangel kit today Smile

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
That's a really nice setup - have fun with it.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
NICE!
So now will it get molested a little bit? or will it be a few more years when you realize you need to replace the charge handle too?

LOL! After all these years, I believe this time she'll finally loose her cherry. Ironically, the various Kidd charging handles are the only Kidd products I don't care for. Having owned several 10/22's, I always desired an International model. Unfortunately, the Mannichler stock never really "worked" for me with a scope. The cheek weld with the Nomad stock is dead-on-balls-accurate (an industry term) and I am looking forward to some range time.

Posts: 3505 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Man, these 10/22 threads are killing me. It's the one "everyone should have one of these" guns I've just never made happen.

I've got to be honest, that Mannlicher stock may end up being the selling point that closes the deal for me. Man, that looks nice.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

So far, my new 10/22 takedown has the Kidd complete trigger kit, Volquartsen extractor and firing pin, Volquartsen bolt release handle and rod/spring, and Volquartsen quick release bolt insert part, plus the Tuffer Buffer and Tech Sights. I feel like I am only scratching the surface. Smile

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
easy money
posted Hide Post
Hello!

Love these threads about 10/22s! Picked up two last year - one for myself & one for my grandsons. They were on sale for $250 each - couldn't pass that up. The deal included a couple of thousand rounds with each rifle. Since then I've I've put Walmart Burris scopes on both. Spent the last three weekends shooting prairie dogs while out rock hounding. Out to about 50 yards these guns are lasers! Most fun I've had in years - with bone stock guns no less!

Take care,

Jim

That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

Posts: 576 | Location: United States | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
hjs, Nice setup!

I fondled one at the LGS then went shooting with a buddy (my crack dealer/FFL, dryfly) who brought his highly moded
Takedown a day or two later. I bought from him that day before we even got home!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post