SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Franklin Binary Trigger in an Omega MP5K
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Franklin Binary Trigger in an Omega MP5K Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted
I was perusing Franklin Armory's Binary triggers ... the HK 9x/MP5 triggers to be precise. It's supposed to have a 4.5-5 pound trigger just like the AR triggers, plus it's drop-in.
Of course the website only has retail prices so I started shopping and found it on GunBroker $100 cheaper and ordered it from AKTrader who got it out immiedently. Of course I should have looked around more or maybe I was just a day too early. At Preppers, I haven't seen it but on the HK Pro site they had it with a 100 round drum for the same price I paid on GunBroker ($529)

It arrived yesterday, I installed it in my Omega MP5K this morning and (being my day off) went to the range this afternoon. Took some sub-sonic 147's as well as regular full power 115's and 124's just to run it through the paces ... It does have a 4.5-5 pound trigger, it ate everything with zero issues and I could make it go as fast as I wanted. That may be because I've got some practice ... I'm not sure about that but there were no trigger issues, couldn't "out run" it as some people call ... No tuning issues like with the AR ... I'd go as far to say, this has the preformance I was hoping for with the AR.

(Edit) It came with an ambidextrous selector but it dug into my trigger finger worse than the Scorpion EVO, so I used the blank cap it shipped with.

Oh, it came with stickers to indicate it's Binary but since I have it on a SEF lower I didn't use them ... And I'll be trying it on my other HK's and that lower is propritary to the K.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jamaicanj
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the write up

Phillipians 4:13
Go Gators/Wildcats!
Glock Cert. Armorer & GSSF Member

Posts: 707 | Location: Florida | Registered: October 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it. I've only installed a Franklin trigger for a friend but am seriously considering one for one of my SBRs.

Another data point is appreciated

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

I first got a BFS III for my 6945 SBR and recently got the HK model for my Z-5P pistol.
I LOVE my 2 Franklins. Makes Shooting Great Again.
The bonus is the MUCH better trigger when firing in the non-binary mode.

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I have a Franklin G3 in my mpx sbr and a fostech in my DD MK18 sbr.

I've never had an issue with either. I do think the fostech is a smoother trigger.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
<snip>

I've never had an issue with either. I do think the fostech is a smoother trigger.

I picked up an Echo too and would have to agree ... they're both nice to have on an AR depending on if you're planning to use multiple uppers or dedicating it to one upper ... the 22LR conversions work great in the Franklin too as they don't depend on tuning.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Sooo envious of you guys. This state I'm in already has the razor wire fence up and the setup electrified when it comes to allowing binary triggers. Oh the vileness of the Leftist Coast...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
<snip>

I picked up an Echo too and would have to agree ... they're both nice to have on an AR depending on if you're planning to use multiple uppers or dedicating it to one upper ... the 22LR conversions work great in the Franklin too as they don't depend on tuning.

I was very surprised how well the fostech works with the 22LR conversion.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
What 22 conversion do you have?
My FosTech won't work at all with the CMMG upper.

Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
What 22 conversion do you have?
My FosTech won't work at all with the CMMG upper.

I have the cmmg kit. Bought a PSA 10" upper just for 22lr. I'm not running 22LR through my MK18 upper.

You do have to buy the full auto adapter for the kit. And you have to alter the adapter if your trigger came with the bolt carrier. You can buy the adapter from fostech if cmmg is out.

This video shows how to make the adapter work if your trigger came with the bolt carrier.

https://youtu.be/Gayeh2YpvmI

posted Hide Post
I have the Franklin in 556 and 9mm SBRs.

Super fun!!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Gave my Franklin an updated housing because he's been such a good "boy"(?)...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Z06,

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Biochemical
Superfreak
Picture of M4Super90
posted Hide Post
Z, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get the c&p 013 housing?

115 + 115 = 230

Posts: 3675 | Registered: April 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got an AR one to try because of this thread.

My niece (a normally broody teenager) now has a permanent smile after a couple of mag dumps.

So far it has worked well.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M4Super90:
Z, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get the c&p 013 housing?

HKParts.net
$69.95

You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I looked on the Preppers website. They list 2 AR-15 Franklin Binary triggers:
SKU 5550A and SKU 5645A. Both seem to be "Gen 3". I only noticed this because one is in stock and one is not.
I had my credit card out and then decided to ask, here.

Any help?

Edit: it looks like straight trigger vs curved.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
I looked on the Preppers website. They list 2 AR-15 Franklin Binary triggers:
SKU 5550A and SKU 5645A. Both seem to be "Gen 3". I only noticed this because one is in stock and one is not.
I had my credit card out and then decided to ask, here.

Any help?

Edit: it looks like straight trigger vs curved.

Bruce

I went to the Franklin Armory site, there they had 3 AR triggers ... one with a free pistol receiver for $429, one without a "free" pistol receiver for $386, both were BFSIII™ AR-C1 Trigger ... the other was a Franklin Armory® BFSIII™ AR-S1 ... which had a flat trigger bow. It was also $389

I looked but didn't see any SKU numbers.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:

I first got a BFS III for my 6945 SBR and recently got the HK model for my Z-5P pistol.
I LOVE my 2 Franklins. Makes Shooting Great Again.
The bonus is the MUCH better trigger when firing in the non-binary mode.

Z06, so no problems or issues dropping in the HK-C1 trigger kit into your Z-5P? I thought I read awhile back that Zenith MP5s might have a fit problem with Franklin's triggers.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post