SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    RDS that do not suffer from the starburst effect....for those that have this issue
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RDS that do not suffer from the starburst effect....for those that have this issue Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I don't suffer from starburst in my Aimpoint PROs, my Trijicon 1-4, my Strikefire 1-6, or my Strikefire 1-8.

However, I suffer from starburst bad with Sig's Romeo 5.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23218 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Astigmatism may not be the problem - you may want to get your eyes checked for cataracts.

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred! - Henry Cabot Henhouse III, aka "SuperChicken"

Posts: 132 | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:
The EoTech is the worst for me

Which EoTech are you using? The EoTechs I'm familiar with are not a true red dot and thus don't have any flair at all for those of us with an astigmatism.

I'm envious of folks who look at red dots and see a clean red dot. I see a bunch of grapes.

OP, I've not found any red dots that work for me. I've just learned to deal with the starburst, or buy a non-reddot optic.

As for zeroing, I have my buddies zero my red dots at 50. It's darn near impossible for me.

Yes, EOtechs are HUDs, mine is the AA variety. I can deal with a dot starburst, but the circle dot just bursts all over and I get a huge blurry pattern.

I thought maybe the sight had gone bad, so I took a picture of the HUD display. It's perfect, the issue is my eyes.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I was in a gun store a few weekends ago and picked up an Eotech...I'll be damned, but my eyes must have gotten worse?

I remember having an eotech years ago that was perfect. The one in the store had major starburst. I picked up a Vortex Huey and it was the same thing. Damn astigmatism!

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I was in a gun store a few weekends ago and picked up an Eotech...I'll be damned, but my eyes must have gotten worse?

I remember having an eotech years ago that was perfect. The one in the store had major starburst. I picked up a Vortex Huey and it was the same thing. Damn astigmatism!

Yep, 2010 that circle dot was crisp, 2019 horrible. I guess I'm just getting old.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB3
posted Hide Post
My eyes cannot handle the EO Tech Reticle at all. I was able to use an Aim Point PRO with no issues, and a Trijicon Red Dot I played with at the gunshop the other day seemed to be pretty decent with minimal starburst effect for me.
The cheap $50 Trophy Red Dot? By Bushnell works great for me.

Blaming the crime on the gun, is like blaming a bad story on the pencil.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Saint Charles Missouri | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
While not quite a red dot, I just picked up a Steiner M332 and it has an ocular adjustment for some vision problems. I have astigmatism and it adjusted nicely so that I don’t need my glasses. I wish Trijicon would somehow incorporate that into ACOG’s.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post