SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    M1A Loaded ---option to buy. Home with photo added
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M1A Loaded ---option to buy. Home with photo added Login/Join 
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
so I paid for it, did the transfer, paid for the background check.

I was 1500 in the queue for the background check, and immediately went to number two due to having a CHL. Then I was put on a delay.

finally last week found out I should be able to pick the rifle up on the 19th of this month.

Yes that is how far backed up the system is. I have a common first and last name so that probably caused the issue.

Of course there is no way to find out why one gets delayed.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
First, well done on the buy! Smile

Second, that's a heckuva long delay. Eek

Glad you're almost in possession. I hope you have a chance to take it out soon.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Joel,
I was trying to figure out why the delay was so long... turns out the system can't keep up with the requests for background checks...That is the only answer I have received.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
If it's anything like mine, you'll love it.

Took mine out for its first range session a few weeks ago. I'll just say I used a LOT more ammo than I should have. Smile

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
And it is home.

After 75 Days on delay. Turns out the Oregon State Police Firearms Division bureaucrat was trying to make law.

She saw a revoked CHL from 1995 and decided that even though there is no record of charges or conviction, and the fact that I have had a valid CHL for 20 years that I was a prohibited person.

I had to educate her, and threaten to call our DA to file charges against her personally for violating my rights under 2A, 4A, and 6A. 4A because she was keeping me from my legal property without due process and 6A because she was keeping me from facing my accusers (as there were none).

posted Hide Post
Awesome!! Very nice stock too. They are such great shooters.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Nice shooter. Looks brand new.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a very nice looking rifle

That is my fathers favorite rifle.
He never stops talking about his M14 he had in Vietnam from Feb 1968 to Mid 1969.

We were at Shooters World here in Florida and they had one for sale for approx. 2100ish.

I am glad you got thinks worked out.

You will have to give the forum an update on what you think.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lizardman_U,

Nice rifle. Glad to see you're an Oregonian. I'm down in Salem, OR. Join us on the M-14 Forum and become a member of the Oregon Contingent...

Wes Howe

Posts: 2413 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Weshowe:
lizardman_U,

Nice rifle. Glad to see you're an Oregonian. I'm down in Salem, OR. Join us on the M-14 Forum and become a member of the Oregon Contingent...

Wes Howe

Wes, I will have to check it out.

I put an oiled one inch leather sling on her and got two of the good CNMI five round magazines for it. Six Thermold 20 round magazines will get here next week as Brownell's, Midway, and Topgunsupply didn't have any of the the CMI 20 rounders.

Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lizardman_u:
quote:
Originally posted by Weshowe:
lizardman_U,

Wes Howe

Wes, I will have to check it out.

I put an oiled one inch leather sling on her and got two of the good CNMI five round magazines for it. Six Thermold 20 round magazines will get here next week as Brownell's, Midway, and Topgunsupply didn't have any of the the CMI 20 rounders.

FYI- Wes is my best friend and I live in North Plains. We welcome you to the fold.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
lizardman_u,

Thanks for your post. Tony is a best friend, prince of a fella, and one heckuva M-14 gunsmith. I recommend him without reservation. In fact I'm spen ding part of Saturday in his shop...

Wes

Posts: 2413 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post