SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    GM6 Lynx .50 BMG Bullpup Semi-Auto- Who wants one?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GM6 Lynx .50 BMG Bullpup Semi-Auto- Who wants one? Login/Join 
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
I do believe all future truck gun threads have come to a screeching halt.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Looked it up: MSRP 13K
There's no such thing as an inexpensive .50 BMG rifle, and if there were, you'd want to avoid it like Ebola.

If I did have money to burn, I'd purchase two of these rifles and see if I could find a gunsmith to modify one of them for a ten round magazine.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:

Man, you can get a belt fed for that coin. The GM6 however is much more portable, and you can mount a shotgun on the lower rail for entry scenarios.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Raufoss MK211. Raufoss means red waterfall.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in. Looks like a fun plinker/squirrel gun. ;-)

Cuomo & Northam can kiss my ass!

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Definitely a “disposable income” kind of gun Big Grin

Having fired a bolt gun .50, I can attest to how much a properly designed brake matters. The recoil on this beast doesn’t look all that bad but I wonder about long range accuracy with the reciprocating barrel.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
There's no such thing as an inexpensive .50 BMG rifle, and if there were, you'd want to avoid it like Ebola.

If I did have money to burn, I'd purchase two of these rifles and see if I could find a gunsmith to modify one of them for a ten round magazine.

This is true. Last I saw a Barrett M99 on the used rack, it was something like 9k with the fixed power scope on it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I’d like to shoot with it... once

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Looks like fun.....which I can no longer have. Gun ranges around here banned 50s. Few years back sold my 82 A1 after not shooting it for several years. Frown

Those of you who have the space, should!

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2008 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I did have money to burn, I'd purchase two of these rifles...

Dual wield...I like your style Para.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
With that barrel recoiling, wonder how accurate it is? And I can get a Barrett for less than that amount.
If we had a disposable income, would be fun to play with though.

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
If I win the lottery, hell yes.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's the best use of a long recoil system that I've seen in a long time.

This thing is like the Remington Model 8's much bigger, much uglier brother... Like their parents were so ashamed of it, they kept it locked in the basement and fed it a steady diet of protein bars and Monster Energy, until it eventually resembled the gun version of Sloth from "The Goonies". Big, strong, dumb, and ugly. Big Grin

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Run a three gun match with one of these, a Desert Eagle .50 and a 10 gauge Browning or old Ithaca auto. It would be epic.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Shorten the barrel a bit and let's get a pistol brace on that sum bitch! My new CCW.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting rifle. I suspect of lot of development was required to make it work. Impressive.

That said, I'll pass. I find 50 BMG rifles unpleasant to shoot. Even with the Lynx's big brake and the long recoil system, the rifle rocks the shooters in videos. From prone, the bipod hops a good 1-2" to the rear during recoil. Specs state that the rifle is capable of sub-MOA performance, but I suspect very few shooters are capable of controlling the rifle well enough to achieve such performance.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’ve been looking for a good groundhog gun....

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

want is lessening...

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by m1009:
With that barrel recoiling, wonder how accurate it is? And I can get a Barrett for less than that amount.

I don't know, so I'm asking as well: Is this like the Browning pistol action in that the whole thing doesn't "de-link" (for lack of knowledge of a better term) until the bullet has left the bore?

quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Shorten the barrel a bit and let's get a pistol brace on that sum bitch! My new CCW.

Ok, that got me laughing. Big Grin

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Indoors, all you would need is blanks.

Snortle ...

I'd be in.
I miss the AUG I had, was right for me.

This?
Something for thinning the TX feral population.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post