SIGforum
GM6 Lynx .50 BMG Bullpup Semi-Auto- Who wants one?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/6680084364

November 26, 2019, 10:45 PM
mark_a
GM6 Lynx .50 BMG Bullpup Semi-Auto- Who wants one?
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:

Something for thinning the TX feral population.

Can we start in Austin?
December 05, 2019, 09:57 AM
djpaintles
I LIKE it!!!!!

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................
December 05, 2019, 04:27 PM
BB61
For someone who used to have an office in John M. Browning’s old mansion in downtown Ogden, Utah, I have to say I heartily approve of the long recoil action and caliber. With this, I could also leave my Marlin 45/70 behind as I would have an even better woods gun.

December 06, 2019, 02:59 PM
Greymann
Badass for sure.
Looks like alot fun.
December 06, 2019, 07:55 PM
abnmacv
Would be deadly on ground squirrels.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member
December 06, 2019, 08:30 PM
Fuego220
Holy crap I'd love to have one. I could never afford one, or going through that much .50BMG, but damn that's sexy. Smile
December 07, 2019, 11:44 AM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Is this like the Browning pistol action in that the whole thing doesn't "de-link" (for lack of knowledge of a better term) until the bullet has left the bore?

Kind of. The bolt and barrel are locked together, and they don't unlock/"de-link" until sufficient time has elapsed to allow the bullet to leave the barrel and the gas pressure in the chamber to safely subside.

As the bullet is fired, the recoil energy from the bullet causes the barrel/bolt to move rearward together. Once the barrel/bolt have moved together rearward sufficiently long enough, a mechanism inside the receiver causes the bolt and barrel to unlock and separate. From there, the bolt continues further rearward to eject the cartridge while the barrel returns forward under its own separate spring pressure. And once the bolt has ejected the fired cartridge, it's then pushed forwards under its own separate recoil spring, picking up the next round along the way, feeding it into the chamber of the barrel that has already completed its return motion, and locking the bolt into the barrel again to be ready to fire again.

(So there are two "recoil springs", one for the barrel, and one for the bolt, since they're each returning forward at separate times.)

If you'd like to know more about the system, I'd suggest watching some of the Youtube videos on the Remington Model 8/Model 81, which was the most prevalent rifle to use this type of long recoil system.
December 07, 2019, 01:19 PM
RobLew
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
That's the best use of a long recoil system that I've seen in a long time.

Wouldn't it make a great house gun?

You know- for when you want to actually shoot a house? Big Grin

You mean like when there's a home-home invasion? Like another home is physically invading your home? I hadn't thought of that...sign me up!!!

...that I will support
and defend...
December 11, 2019, 11:28 AM
110JBP
There is a hypnotic beauty to that slow motion exploding watermelon.
December 17, 2019, 04:40 PM
LVJD
They even put an RMR on it for CQB. That’s awesome.
December 24, 2021, 11:28 AM
parabellum
It's always worth watching Ian's take on a firearm.

December 25, 2021, 09:34 AM
RogueJSK
Follow up video with range report: