SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Poll re: Keltec KS7 or Remington tac-13
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poll re: Keltec KS7 or Remington tac-13 Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I'm not seeing why you went with a KS7 over a KSG; I just don't see the advantage, especially since you used capacity as a benefit. I've shot a KSG and was pretty impressed.

I have not handled a TAC-13, but I'm not terribly impressed by the design.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
The Versamax is probably the best thing Remington makes these days. But the asking price is too high for the little gun. (less gun, more money?)

Versa Max is Remington’s older SA shotgun circa 2010. It’s been reengineered from the ground up into the V3 using an updated VersaPort system....both, however, are self-regulating gas operations allowing various loads to be used based on the length of the shell without changing plugs, bushings, etc.

As for value...I see that Buds now has the basic black synthetic V3 sporter for an incredible price of $548 after rebate. Holy crap - that is a smoking deal on a gun that is a better shooter than many of the well known Italians....

https://www.budsgunshop.com/ca...2g+28%22+3in+rc2+syn

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
Remington’s customer service is non-existent. Keep that in mind.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Kel Tec interests me but I will wait a while and see how it performs.
And as far as pump shotguns go, try the Benelli SuperNova Tactical.
Once I used the Benelli, I became a believer.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I have a Versa Max Tactical. It has a low round count but it is solid and has been flawless to date.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Nothing screams quality like a bunch of plastic exterior pieces bolted together around the exterior of the gun (Keltec)

That company should have folded decades ago, but apparently suckers spend their money on the shit.

Did you once buy a Kel Tec and have a bad experience?

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Nothing screams quality like a bunch of plastic exterior pieces bolted together around the exterior of the gun (Keltec)

That company should have folded decades ago, but apparently suckers spend their money on the shit.

Did you once buy a Kel Tec and have a bad experience?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post