SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New CMMG Banshee 10mm (now with pix p. 2)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New CMMG Banshee 10mm (now with pix p. 2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
10 mm.

Posts: 3530 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
I handled the CMMG 10 at a local gun store, the one who clued me in to them coming a month or so ago. I also have the longer barrel 9mm Guard.

The 10mm was made to the same standards and looked good. I have to get one.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got it last night. Super impressed. And I really like the cerakote "sniper gray" color I picked. Ordered a Trijicon MRO with Trijicon absolute co-witness (semi quick release) mount. Tested correct height with my extra Vortex SPARC.

The "brace" seems very nice. I already picked up 3 more mags and have 500 rounds of Fiocci FMJ arriving tonight.

I will replace the trigger, which is mil-spec with a Geisselle ACT as I have in my Sig M400. Being picky, there a few slightly discolored areas of the finish if you look for them (I did). Range time here I come!

Posts: 3530 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Congrats!

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
To me, 10mm is about the only pistol caliber that makes sense as a carbine chambering

This will be available only in pistol form, or will it be available as a rifle as well?

Posts: 107223 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
To me, 10mm is about the only pistol caliber that makes sense as a carbine chambering

This will be available only in pistol form, or will it be available as a rifle as well?

My sentiments exactly. The Banshees are also available from CMMG as an SBR. I will probably get a can for mine, and maybe convert it to SBR.

posted Hide Post
Beautiful!!!

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I was looking at one in 5.7. They're really nicely made but at the price, they should be.

Posts: 3062 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What's the weight of the buffer which comes with the Banshee?

There are some very hot 10mm loads out there. DoubleTap offers loads which produce in excess of 700 foot-pounds out of a Glock G20. Take the same 165 grain Gold Dot and shoot it out of an 8" barrel and you would have these projectiles turning themselves inside out.

I ask about the buffer weight because of the high performance 10mm loads. You know what would probably work very well with these 10mm err "pistols"? The Vltor A5 system. Lots of latitude on buffer weight, as well as a a rifle-length action spring in a receiver extension only slightly longer than the standard carbine receiver extension. Very tunable, very smooth. I have three ARs which use the A5 system.
There's "10mm", which is equivalent to .40 S&W loadings, and then there's 10mm- loadings in the DT and Underwood range. Two different animals.

Also, I wonder how well the hammer pin will hold up to the pounding of 10mm.

A 16" 10mm carbine would make a hellacious house gun. Less blast than a 5.56 but still packing a real whallop.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 107223 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
There is a weight kit available from CMMG to tune the gun. I believe it was originally offered to tune the guns for suppressor use, but is offered for the 10mm for the variety of loadings.

Posts: 1497 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any idea if the Kriss mags will fit?

Posts: 456 | Location: Ocala, FL 34478 | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
Please post a range report! I have been eyeballing this 10mm for a while now. Looking at the dark bronze color. It is next on my list!

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the support. Getting and will install the MRO tonight. Hope to go shooting soon. I'd prefer to go to the outdoor range my brother belongs to, but he's in New Zealand for another 10 days... Might have to use the 50m range at NRA HQ.

Parabellum: It comes with 2 buffers, the one installed is considered is considered "medium" and will handle all the mid-range loadings, up into the shallow end of hot. Most folks stick with this one. It also comes with a "light" buffer to handle the low-powered options as in a lot of bulk ammo. I doubt I'll ever use it. I picked up Fiocchi rated at 1250 fps so it is in the medium category. Lastly, available for separate purchase (~$60) is a heavy buffer for shooting the truly hot loads and running suppressed. I will likely have to pick one up eventually.

Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
The Banshee has put tingle in my innards ever since their introduction. I have been picking up and squirreling away 10mm brass for 3-4 years. I may do my own build once I find the receivers I like...but the 9mm is so much less expensive right now with all the PCC guns out there. 'merica, land of the free and all kinda cool toys Cool

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.wikiarms.com/guns?q=CMMG+10mm+banshee

This is the range of street prices.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I have the Banshee in 5.7. Lots of fun and frankly impressive. The 10mm is very interesting given how much I like the 5.7 banshee. Rotating bolt, good quality. I have no 10mm in stock or arms in 10mm and don’t need another caliber...but interesting

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still have not had a chance to shoot this, but I did install an ACT trigger and Trijicon MRO.

Of course, now that VA is a Democratic state, and the Gov instantly stated mega gun control is coming, perhaps I should not shoot it so I can sell it NIB?

I don't see how legally purchased/maintained items can be taken away (effectively) with a change in party and not grandfathered. How can that survive legal challenge? Why have these draconian measures, some of which haven been in place a few years, not made it to SCOTUS?

I'm beyond disgusted...