SIGforum
New CMMG Banshee 10mm (now with pix p. 2)

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/6650078064

September 11, 2019, 09:10 AM
Batty67
New CMMG Banshee 10mm (now with pix p. 2)
So, I might be in a position to actually get one of these in terms of disposable income. I fired an FBI MP5 10mm with 2-round burst with my oldest friend, an FBI SSA and former firearms instructor at Quantico. Really wanted one ever since.

Looks like Brethren Arms is an option? Yes, I know they would be super-expensive, but this would be a one-time purchase. However, how do you think the re-sell market would be in the distant future, say decade or more when I shoot less?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Batty67,
September 11, 2019, 09:33 AM
Dwill104
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
So, I might be in a position to actually get one of these in terms of disposable income. I fired an FBI MP5 10mm with 2-round burst with my oldest friend, an FBI SSI and former firearms instructor at Quantico. Really wanted one ever since.

Looks like Vickers and Brethren Arms are options. Anything else? Yes, I know they would be super-expensive, but this would be a one-time purchase. However, how do you think the re-sell market would be in the distant future, say decade or more when I shoot less?

Kriss has the Vector in 10mm and CMMG just released the Banshee in 10mm. To be honest, I don’t see much re-sell market in 10mm. It’s an expensive cartridge that comes and goes in popularity. Landed with a thud when it first came out, but then became super popular when Sonny carried a Bren 10 in Miami Vice, then died off again when the .40 came out. Now the .40 is dying out, and the 10mm is making a little comeback in PPCs, but likely it will die out again.
September 11, 2019, 04:34 PM
Dakor
The 10mm has been enjoying a re-surgence in popularity over the last few years. Not sure how cyclical that popularity will be given the number of firearms introduced lately in that caliber.

That being said, I hope LWRC decides to release its SMG in 10mm. So far it's only slated to be made in 45 ACP, 40 S&W and 9 mm. Might want to check one out Batty.
September 11, 2019, 11:36 PM
von Trakehnen
https://www.thefirearmblog.com...0/cmmg-10mm-banshee/
September 12, 2019, 07:53 AM
Batty67
The Banshee looks like a very nice and relatively cheap option (compared to an MP5 clone).
September 19, 2019, 07:59 AM
Batty67
Looks like this will might actually happen. Brethren Arms M5-clone (but high end clone!) 10 mm subgun.

Anyone point me to a rock-solid tutorial for how-to navigate the SBR/NFA process? For example, if I order one, and it is built, does it stay in their safe in Utah until the paperwork clears?
September 19, 2019, 08:34 AM
Dwill104
quote:
Looks like this will might actually happen. Brethren Arms M5-clone (but high end clone!) 10 mm subgun.

Anyone point me to a rock-solid tutorial for how-to navigate the SBR/NFA process? For example, if I order one, and it is built, does it stay in their safe in Utah until the paperwork clears?

If you’re not in the same state as the seller, the NFA item has to be transferred to a local dealer in your state and they hold it until your paperwork is approved.

However, unless it’s something unique or has value as a factory SBR, it’s far easier to buy the gun as a pistol, and SBR it yourself after you get it. Making an SBR from an existing gun is only about a 1 month wait, while transferring an already existing SBR means a 8-12 month wait. Plus, you get to use and have full control of your pistol while you wait. You just can’t put a stock on it until you get the stamp.
September 19, 2019, 11:26 PM
Killer Instincts
Damn it, I wish I'd never opened this thread and seen the Banshee. Might be the best host/excuse I've yet seen for a binary trigger and my Osprey 45...

Ten millimeter really is the truth for auto pistol cartridges, and excels in subguns. I really don't see its popularity fading due to the relative glut of affordable, hot-as-shit quality ammo being loaded for it now (read: Underwood Ammo).

September 21, 2019, 06:53 AM
gibby29
Brethren Arms is legit. I don’t know anything about them other than they look good. Their 300 BO roller locks look great too.

I think I’m going for the CMMG because I already have a handful of 10mm Glock mags for my G40.
September 22, 2019, 03:56 PM
lyman
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:

If you’re not in the same state as the seller, the NFA item has to be transferred to a local dealer in your state and they hold it until your paperwork is approved.

However, unless it’s something unique or has value as a factory SBR, it’s far easier to buy the gun as a pistol, and SBR it yourself after you get it. Making an SBR from an existing gun is only about a 1 month wait, while transferring an already existing SBR means a 8-12 month wait. Plus, you get to use and have full control of your pistol while you wait. You just can’t put a stock on it until you get the stamp.

what Dwill said,

if you need help, I'll be at the Chantilly gunshow at the end of the month, I can walk you thru the paperwork

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

September 22, 2019, 07:08 PM
Batty67
quote:
www.chesterfieldarmament.com

Hey Lyman. I go to most Nation's Gunshows.
September 25, 2019, 03:08 PM
9mm_shooter
Brügger & Thomet APC 10 is in development. I should be interesting.
September 25, 2019, 09:49 PM
am94pm
If you do go with the MP5 10 clone be sure to back order some mags from Brownells. They are the cheapest new factories I have found.

https://www.brownells.com/maga...0-s-w-prod75816.aspx
September 26, 2019, 07:44 AM
Batty67
This is going to happen.

I've looked into the Banshee in great detail and hope to at least handle one at the Nation's Gun Show in NoVA this weekend. Might leave with one too if what I want is available. I've also decided that I'll go the AR pistol/brace route for now, likely making the much easier (shorter wait) conversion to an SBR in the future.

As much as I DIG the Bethren Arms MP5 clone, and I do, it would be 2.5x more expensive, and I could fully trick-out my Banshee with optic (likely Aimpoint Pro), extra magazines, and a few thousand rounds of 10mm.

All of the above stated, if the Banshee simply does not fully "scratch this itch", I'll likely go with the MP5 clone.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Batty67,
September 26, 2019, 07:12 PM
von Trakehnen
I'm glad my recommendation helped you out. Good luck with the hands-on experience. I know from experience that some firearms 'read' better than they are in person.
September 27, 2019, 07:30 AM
Batty67
quote:
Originally posted by von Trakehnen:
I'm glad my recommendation helped you out. Good luck with the hands-on experience. I know from experience that some firearms 'read' better than they are in person.

Thanks. I hope I can get my hands on a 10 mm Banshee and check it out.
September 28, 2019, 09:07 AM
Batty67
Went to the Nation's Gun Show in Dulles, VA, and nobody had a CMMG Banshee. I looked at one traditional CMMG AR and I was impressed by the quality. So, I watched a bunch more videos, and just ordered one off GB. Also ordered a few more of the 30-round magazines. Although I have an extra Vortex SPARC from 4-5 years ago, and the one I've used on my M1 carbine has held zero perfectly for years, I think I'll get an Aimpoint Pro.
September 29, 2019, 09:54 AM
cas
A gun that longs to fired a lot, with ammo who's prices do not. Big Grin

Might not be the best combination.

September 29, 2019, 11:29 AM
Batty67
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
A gun that longs to fired a lot, with ammo who's prices do not. Big Grin

Might not be the best combination.

I'll be fine. I only shoot 8-10 times per year.
September 29, 2019, 07:07 PM
Strider41
quote:
So, I watched a bunch more videos, and just ordered one off GB.

Which caliber did you order?

Dum Spiro Pugno