SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    MP5-like 10mm subguns options?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MP5-like 10mm subguns options? Login/Join 
posted
So, I might be in a position to actually get one of these in terms of disposable income. I fired an FBI MP5 10mm with 2-round burst with my oldest friend, an FBI SSA and former firearms instructor at Quantico. Really wanted one ever since.

Looks like Brethren Arms is an option? Yes, I know they would be super-expensive, but this would be a one-time purchase. However, how do you think the re-sell market would be in the distant future, say decade or more when I shoot less?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Batty67,

Posts: 2696 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
So, I might be in a position to actually get one of these in terms of disposable income. I fired an FBI MP5 10mm with 2-round burst with my oldest friend, an FBI SSI and former firearms instructor at Quantico. Really wanted one ever since.

Looks like Vickers and Brethren Arms are options. Anything else? Yes, I know they would be super-expensive, but this would be a one-time purchase. However, how do you think the re-sell market would be in the distant future, say decade or more when I shoot less?

Kriss has the Vector in 10mm and CMMG just released the Banshee in 10mm. To be honest, I don’t see much re-sell market in 10mm. It’s an expensive cartridge that comes and goes in popularity. Landed with a thud when it first came out, but then became super popular when Sonny carried a Bren 10 in Miami Vice, then died off again when the .40 came out. Now the .40 is dying out, and the 10mm is making a little comeback in PPCs, but likely it will die out again.

Posts: 1924 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
The 10mm has been enjoying a re-surgence in popularity over the last few years. Not sure how cyclical that popularity will be given the number of firearms introduced lately in that caliber.

That being said, I hope LWRC decides to release its SMG in 10mm. So far it's only slated to be made in 45 ACP, 40 S&W and 9 mm. Might want to check one out Batty.

Posts: 1843 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Life Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2265 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: November 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Banshee looks like a very nice and relatively cheap option (compared to an MP5 clone).

Posts: 2696 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post