SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Who has a T/C Contender carbine?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who has a T/C Contender carbine? Login/Join 
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted
I’ve had my Contender with a variety of pistol barrels for over 20 years now. Thinking of getting a rifle barrel for it just for fun and to try something different.

My buddy has a 16” 45-70 barrel. Shooting it with full power loads was miserable, so I’m definitely not interested in that. Nor the .223. I’m thinking 38-55 maybe.

Please tell me what experiences y’all have.

Posts: 1620 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had an Encore in .243 with (if memory serves) a 24 inch barrel. It would routinely do a 1.5 group or better at 100 yards. It had a Nikon 3x9 scope.
Recoil was moderate. Handy little rifle.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a carbine barrel in 223, had it for a lot of years. It is amazingly accurate. I mean really accurate. am now waiting on an mgm barrel in 25-20. hope it shoots that well. also in pistol 223, 357 herrett, and 45 colt. all are good.
Barry

Posts: 62 | Registered: November 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post