SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Beretta ARX 100
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta ARX 100 Login/Join 
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted
Getting one of these for a extremely great deal. New from my gun dealer for $999.99 with a new EOTech on it. Seems light and ok and kind of lots of polymer but ive seen so good reviews. Anyone own one?

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like mine. I haven't had it that long or a zillion rounds but I can't see anything problematic about it and Beretta has been totally good about any issues I've had on other stuff. I don't do EOTech after I had to send all of mine back but 999 with a sight is pretty darn good price I paid that for the gun.
I think you will be happy with it. I am.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
I like mine. I shoot a rifle lefty, so I like the fact that the rifle is fully ambidextrous. I didn't like the backup sights that came with it, so I swapped those out for Magpuls, threw a Trijicon MRO on it, and it was ready to go.

Sounds like you're getting a heckuva deal on yours! Enjoy it!!

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have had one for a while and not terribly impressed, even at $1000, which is a lot less than they were originally selling for. Other than the neat features of easily swappable ejection (only really useful if you have a need to swap back and forth), and removable barrel (only usable if you have a need to swap barrels, and I believe there is only one other length available).

Not particularly light (people think it is because of the polymer body, but a lot of steel in the barrel, barrel mount and collar, and other internals), deep magwell provides some limits on mag choices (no Gen 3 Pmag), heavy trigger, high top rail combined with low, flat top stock, and no QD points or really good place to add.

Biggest thing is that it’s very proprietary with limited aftermarket available. You can get a trigger from Shooting Sight, aftermarket cheek risers for the stock, and a factory larger charging handle attachment. That’s about it.

I’d recommend actually handling one before you buy.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Way less reliable than ANY AR15 I have ever shot.

Mine looks cool taking up space in my safe. Next panic it gets sold for $2000. Paid $799 for it.

The best I can say about it is it introduced me to the steel Beretta AR15 mags, which are exceptional. I bought many more from Beretta USA. Really nice mags. Steel, not aluminum. You could beat someone to death with these things. My grand kids will still be using them (in 50 years).

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For $1000.00 with the Eotech,I can't see how you can go wrong. Does your dealer have any more?

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Way less reliable than ANY AR15 I have ever shot.

Mine looks cool taking up space in my safe. Next panic it gets sold for $2000. Paid $799 for it.

The best I can say about it is it introduced me to the steel Beretta AR15 mags, which are exceptional. I bought many more from Beretta USA. Really nice mags. Steel, not aluminum. You could beat someone to death with these things. My grand kids will still be using them (in 50 years).

Way different experience to me. Mine have been more reliable. I have t even cleaned my first one and I’m around 2500 rounds though it. Not a single malfunction. Love them.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
For $1000.00 with the Eotech,I can't see how you can go wrong. Does your dealer have any more?
Yeah, even though I hate Eotechs, you could sell that locally to a bubba for $400.

I'd buy a $600 ARX100 any time.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post