SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    I like lever guns...and I can not lie...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I like lever guns...and I can not lie... Login/Join 
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted
Corn-teen done messed up my sleep patterns

Here’s all of my current lever guns, sold a few several years ago when my daughter started college, been replacing them slowly, and gaining a little ground

From the bottom.....all JMs of course
39D 22
39AS Golden
1894 357 pre lock
1895CB 45-70
1894CB 45 Colt
1884 44mag pre lock
Lonely Winchester 30-30, not sure how that got in there

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2916 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very nice! If I get a chance at some point I'll have to post mine up. I too have succumbed to lever-gun-itis, but apparently not quite to the extent that you have...yet Big Grin.

Posts: 8567 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just started collecting my next addiction. So far I only have a 357 and a .22 lever gun. They are a blast to shoot and function.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A past thread/post had an outrageously awesome SBR'd .44 magnum, love to see it posted again......

I have a Browning B92 in .44 Magnum. I also have a '70s era Model 39(actually my brother's, but mine by default right now). We had an Uncle who gave his male nephews firearms for their high school graduation gifts. I got a .22 Colt Peacemaker, my brother-the Model 39, other cousins got Ruger Single Sixes, Winchester Model 94's.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BGULL,

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I have a couple.

Left to right
The standard Model 94 in 30-30
Trails End in .44mag
Timber Carbine in 450 Marlin
Trapper in .44mag
Wrangler in .44mag

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5751 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim Bridger
posted Hide Post
I don't collect lever guns. However over many decades saddle rifles have accumulated. My Win. 94 .30-30 circa 1958 is still with me. The Marlin Mountie .22 LR dates to 1950 and the list goes on. My most current "Saddle Pal" is the Browning 1886 .45/70 SRC first run.

Posts: 54 | Registered: March 14, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Here's mine (top to bottom)...and yes, I have a thing for straight stocks:

336 R.C. "Texan" in .30-30. It's JM stamped, manufactured in 1952, first year for the "Texan".

1895 Guide Gun in .45-70. It's a Remlin, but a nice shooting gun.

1894 in .45 Colt. Also a Remlin, this one has given me fits with load development, a front sight that fell out the first time I shot it, and barrel leading...but I got it by trading into it for some guns I had that I didn't like, so I don't feel it was a bad investment. It's been a fun project that I haven't given up on yet.

1894 in .357 Magnum, JM stamped from 1982. This was my first lever gun, the one that started it all, and still my favorite to shoot. I had to replace the shell lifter on it to fix "marlin jam", and like my .45 colt it's not a big fan of SWC bullets, but man is it well-balanced and accurate. This gun has made me look better than I am on multiple occasions, and it's just downright fun to shoot. It's also the first centerfire gun that each of my kids shot, since there's virtually no recoil in .38. This one will hopefully some day get passed down to my grandkids.

I'm still looking for a 39M for a decent price to round out the collection. I almost bought a Henry .22 one time, but once I picked it up and realized that the receiver was basically spray painted pot metal, I put it right back down. Unfortunately the 39s have gotten stupid expensive. I'm hoping Marlin comes out with a new production run of them sometime in the future. Even a Remlin has got to be better than that Henry.

Posts: 8567 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I had a Henry Big Boy in .44Mag for a while. I wound up selling it because the club I mostly shoot at has gotten really anal about muzzle direction, and elevating the muzzle even a little to facilitate loading the magazine would result in the RSO screaming in your face about muzzle control.

I learned to shoot with my Dad's Marlin 39. It was a great shooter. Sometime in my 30's I found one at a reasonable price and snapped it up. But it had some issue and would throw strange flyers, like on or two out every magazine full. So I sold it too.

I'm currently without a lever gun. When I get the spare change I'm going to pick up something in .45LC, either an older Marlin or a Winchester `73. Or maybe a Henry if they come out with one that has a side gate on it. Roll Eyes

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 426 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:

336 R.C. "Texan" in .30-30. It's JM stamped, manufactured in 1952, first year for the "Texan".

This one...pure class
Mint condition too!

--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2916 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xmod:

What is that!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
quote:

What is that!

DOOM....

--Riff Raff--

posted Hide Post
That is my 1894 13” bbl sbr - work was done by Lew Bonitz (his pic). I’ll post a crappy cell phone pic later.

Posts: 426 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
I got a JM Marlin 1894 Cowboy Limited with the long octogon barrel in .44spec/.44 magnum from Mrs.45ProCarry a few years ago. I love it. Very accurate and smooth shooting.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
I always thought these custom takedown Marlins were cool:

http://thearmsroom.com/id3.html

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
UUUUHHHHHH.....10mm Marlin lever gun!

https://grizzlycustom.com/prod...l-carbine-10mm-auto/

--Riff Raff--

posted Hide Post
I like those Texans, have one in 35 I belive was made in 54, so I was told. nice wood and came with a peep sight. when I cleaned it, I was getting out some of the original grease. looks good sitting with the rest.
Barry

Posts: 62 | Registered: November 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Cowabunga!

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
quote:

This one...pure class
Mint condition too!

Thanks! I got it from a friend who's been there and done that. He's been a shooter his whole life, worked with a bunch of notable instructors over the years, ranched out in AZ for a while, and even had John Wayne buy him a drink one time. I'm sure he's forgotten more about firearms and shooting than I'll probably ever know. He's part of a group of an older generation of shooters who kinda took me in and have taught me a whole lot about shooting in general, reloading, and specifically revolvers and leverguns. It's definitely a nice old gun, but the fact that it came from him makes it mean that much more.

quote:
UUUUHHHHHH.....10mm Marlin lever gun!

https://grizzlycustom.com/prod...l-carbine-10mm-auto/

Ok, that is awesome! I see they offer one in .45 ACP, too...but that price, ouch!

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
Corn-teen done messed up my sleep patterns

Here’s all of my current lever guns, sold a few several years ago when my daughter started college, been replacing them slowly, and gaining a little ground

From the bottom.....all JMs of course
39D 22
39AS Golden
1894 357 pre lock
1895CB 45-70
1894CB 45 Colt
1884 44mag pre lock
Lonely Winchester 30-30, not sure how that got in there

what I don’t see is leather wraps on the lever itself. I have one on 357 mag and will use the time to install another on the 4570.

I had a remlin 39a bore little resemblance to my uncles one from the dawn of time. Shame maybe I will get his.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post