SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Shockwave/Tac-14 mods.....what have you done to yours?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shockwave/Tac-14 mods.....what have you done to yours? Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
I picked up a Rem Tac-14 a few weeks ago when PSA had them for $269 and free shipping. Just couldn't resist.

I then set about getting some accessories for it.

First I replaced the stock Mag-Pul handguard with a much slimmer Choat unit, then added a strap kit to it similar to the Shockwave.

Swivels and a sling were next, along with a side-saddle shell holder.

Most of the "scabbard" type cases I found left the trigger exposed, or they were several inches too long to be practical. I found an ACE case for Ranch Hand rifles that is just about perfect. The interior is about 1-2" longer than the gun, it has a pouch on one side that will hold a couple of 5-packs of buckshot, and it has a shoulder strap on the other side.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ACE-C...p2057872.m2749.l2649

What mods have you made to yours? Let's see some pics!

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
I shot mine 5 times and put it back in the safe. I bought it to try the concept and found it doesn't have much of an application.

Maybe and enlarged safety as the stock one is smallish. Side ssaddles, optics and things on those lines If I was going to mod a shotgun it would be one with a stock.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by guardianangel762:
I shot mine 5 times and put it back in the safe. I bought it to try the concept and found it doesn't have much of an application.
Shocker! Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Shocker! Big Grin

ba-dum ching

Posts: 7852 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
I like my Tac-14 a lot. Added an S&J Hardware +1 and an SB15. Have changed the forearm to a Remington MCS unit since this pic.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I went with the mossberg being a lefty. I will probably make some mods at some point. Nice shotty BBS.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
So, tell me about the sling? Why? And does it work? Behind the back or next to the body?

I have a shockwave nightstick ordered. Got the obsol mini shell adapter already, and a CDM sling & flashlight mount today

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Timely thread.

Damn near went out and got a Shockwave today all with the festivities going on. Seems like a Handy little stick to keep close by in the vehicle.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Thinking about the Mossy with a brace. I can't imagine it needs anything else.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I put a GG&G sidesaddle and light mount on mine but took the light mount off as I didn't like how it seemed to snag on everything. I am going to pay $200 and make it a legal SBS though it is pretty easy to shoot as it is. Even better with a stock though.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I love the old school look of of Shockwave Nightstick. The only additions I think I’ll do is maybe a shell carrier and a leather shoulder strap to match the leather hand strap.

If I had the original Shockwave, I could see maybe putting a laser on it.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I have a 20ga shockwave, all I have done is put some tennis racket grip tape on the grip and taped over the hand loop screws. And bought several boxes of #1 buckshot.

It's my version of a "whippet" gun, smooth and fast Wink

Might pick up a 12ga version .....that nightstick is very tempting....then maybe sbs it.

Considered the Vtac13 but for $900 I might as well buy a sbs M2.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
I like my Tac-14 a lot. Added an S&J Hardware +1 and an SB15. Have changed the forearm to a Remington MCS unit since this pic.

Nice!

Speaking of S&J Hardware, their jumbo safety is perfect for 870's IMHO. The Wilson is too flat and the other option (I forget the brand) sticks out way too much.

https://sjhardware.com/product...ctical-jumbo-safety/

This thing is perfect, easy to disengage, but not so big it touches or rubs your finger while shooting.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Nothing but change the color so far. Looking at some wood furniture soon. I saw some unfinished furniture on Amazon I believe.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
how did you install the swivel stud in the grip? drill a small hole then screw it in?

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ned1:
how did you install the swivel stud in the grip? drill a small hole then screw it in?

The raptor bird head grip (or whatever its called) comes with one installed.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Do these fall under AOW or anything? Or are they some weird frankenshotgun that doesn't fall under a "tax" category. Would it be the same with a pistol brace?

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I paid $200 bucks and made mine a SBS.

Before that the only thing I added was a GG&G side-saddle and light mount but exactly as the person above said the light mount seemed to stick too far out so I removed it.

I’d like to buy another one and leave it stock. I found the gun pretty easy to shoot with the birds head grip, though it’s obviously much nicer with a full stock.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:
Do these fall under AOW or anything? Or are they some weird frankenshotgun that doesn't fall under a "tax" category. Would it be the same with a pistol brace?

AOW

Posts: 94 | Location: Michiana | Registered: September 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Malicious Compliance:
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:

AOW

Wrong. They are classified as a firearm.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post