SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CZ Bren 2 MS Carbine
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Bren 2 MS Carbine Login/Join 
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
quote:
You've been holding out on us, man!!!

not sure how. I'm now at 5 of these bren2s. They really seem quite nice substantially better than the earlier one. We shall see as I said on the 7.62x39 one as I haven't been to the range with it, but the 5.56 ones seem quite acceptable. Not willing to ditch the SCAR as my go to, but certainly an acceptable alternative.

Been following this thread.

No idea you had ordered a 7.62, that's all Smile

Really interested in it and glad you were able to get one.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I'm ready to order a 16" carbine. Waiting to see if prices settle any more.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:

Wait for the post WuFlu, post Trump reelection victory gun industry crash, then buy cheap. Until then things are likely to be scarce.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You would have to be pretty brave (or not really care if you find it in a certain amount of time) to wait to get anything you want in the uncertainty that currently surrounds this market. Especially for imported stuff.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I'm with jon. I'm not waiting until then, no way. I'm not buying common stuff but the harder to find things I want. Now.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buds has both the 5.56 and 7.62 for $1475 for MIL/LE. It's tempting at that price but it has to get in line for all the other weapon wants I have right now.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:

I would argue the Bren 2 already has better support than the SCAR 16. Have you ever tried to buy a spare part for a SCAR? It’s like buying hens teeth. CZ on the other hand sells every single little part in their guns freely on their website.

Actually I HAVE bought quite a few spares for the Scar 16's and 17's, including a lower receiver for the 16 that was too cheap not to buy and an longer barrel for the 17 that was quite pricey. Firing pins and other basic repair parts also. I've yet to need any of them but I have them if I can find them after my move! LOL

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
quote:

I would argue the Bren 2 already has better support than the SCAR 16. Have you ever tried to buy a spare part for a SCAR? It’s like buying hens teeth. CZ on the other hand sells every single little part in their guns freely on their website.

Actually I HAVE bought quite a few spares for the Scar 16's and 17's, including a lower receiver for the 16 that was too cheap not to buy and an longer barrel for the 17 that was quite pricey. Firing pins and other basic repair parts also. I've yet to need any of them but I have them if I can find them after my move! LOL

This is true.

Among other sources, MGW has plenty of parts available for SCARs. They sell out frequently but leave your email and they will notify you when they're back in stock. Also, SCARs aren't likely to need much in the way of spares anyway.

BUT...

If you're really worried about spares, just do what I did... Buy 5 SCARs! Big Grin

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
just do what I did... Buy 5 SCARs!

I did Wink

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After some consideration, get what you want now. The inability of Sig Germany to access the US market essentially killed the company. Likewise, in the event Trump loses the election, Biden could push to expand the 1989 import ban (which was not legislated but an ATF regulatory action, IIRC) to cover imports of newer semi-autos (Bren, B&T, HK SP5, etc.). While domestically produced AR's and other semi-autos would still be available, import bans are just another incremental action towards the Democrat end goal.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
CZ USA is building a new production facility in Little Rock, Arkansas. (Construction was supposed to start in March, but was delayed.)

So I expect that the Bren 2 will be produced domestically in the near future.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
just do what I did... Buy 5 SCARs!

I did Wink

2 16's, 2 17's and a 20s for me! Seems like the Magic number! Cool

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'm a rookie, just one 16 and one 17... Wink

The CZ Bren is interesting, but I'm trying not to get anything 'exotic' these days.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I did the same thing DJ. Had to get all the color options, lol.

FYI just the other day Manticore Arms said in a different forum that they were just a couple weeks away from some aluminum accessories for the Bren 2. They mentioned it in regards to folks lamenting that a lower was being made by a different company to use standard AK mags was 3D printed and would likely not be strong enough. Dan Haga already has his ACR stock adaptors for it obviously, but word is he’s working on an lower too.

Mine are 5.56 just because I don’t want a mother mag type, but if I could use my AK mag on a x39, that would be sweet!

posted Hide Post
I asked manitcore for a folding brace that would accept a tailhook similar to the scorpion brace. That would have my interest for sure and I hope that's what they are talking about in that update. Tbd I suppose.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
I asked manitcore for a folding brace that would accept a tailhook similar to the scorpion brace. That would have my interest for sure and I hope that's what they are talking about in that update. Tbd I suppose.

Dan Haga's solution using the ACR stock as the base with the tail hook adaptor works well, but it's really expensive. I much prefer it to the Scorpion to tail hook one.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:

Wait for the post WuFlu, post Trump reelection victory gun industry crash, then buy cheap. Until then things are likely to be scarce.

From your lips to God's ears. I'd love to see a US-manufactured BREN, but I think that possibility is even further out at this point in time. Meanwhile, I'm hoping to get lucky on one of the new ZPAPs.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post