SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CZ Bren 2 MS Carbine
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Bren 2 MS Carbine Login/Join 
Picture of onpointgun
posted
So I have been waiting for the Bren 2 Carbine to hit the market and I finally picked it up last Friday. I have to say my first impression is very solid. I put maybe 300 rounds down range hassle free. I personally think this rifle has all the good things from the original Bren and Scar but was able to improve on them. Thew new rifle is 1 lb lighter than the original with a non-reciprocating charging handle and very improved bolt release. The trigger out of the box is fantastic at just under 4lbs. The barrel has a heavier profile than the pencil barrel on the original.

Bren 2 Link

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Proprietary mags yes/no?

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Proprietary mags yes/no?

Nope any GI magazine works

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depends on caliber. 5.56 is GI. 7.62x39 is proprietary. I didn't know the carbine had arrived. I have the pistols and its pretty nice overall. Some fussing needed to deal with slop in the buffer tube fitment for the brace, but overall not too much to complain about.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Depends on caliber. 5.56 is GI. 7.62x39 is proprietary. I didn't know the carbine had arrived. I have the pistols and its pretty nice overall. Some fussing needed to deal with slop in the buffer tube fitment for the brace, but overall not too much to complain about.

The 7.62x39 carbine hasn't been released yet.

Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
I’ve been waiting for this rifle to be released here ever since it was announced.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2223 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
I’ve been waiting for this rifle to be released here ever since it was announced.

I have been waiting for the Bren 2 in 7.62x51.

posted Hide Post
I grabbed one of the pistols and SBRed it last summer. I agree with all of your assessments. Really well made, smooth, reliable gun. I'll probably buy a 7.62x39 one this year.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onpointgun:

Wow.

One of the things near the top of my Want List is a .308 semiauto that takes PMAGs. And I'm a little bored with the traditional AR platform, so I had been eyeing a SCAR 17s with a replacement lower, but the price is a bit tough to swallow.

I'm definitely going to have to keep an eye out for this.

Unfortunately, it's only currently available in select fire to LE agencies. Let's hope they come out with a semiauto version soon.

(Or maybe I need to see about getting one for my agency to T&E. Wink )

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Wow.

One of the things near the top of my Want List is a .308 semiauto that takes PMAGs. And I'm a little bored with the traditional AR platform, so I had been eyeing a SCAR 17s with a replacement lower, but the price is a bit tough to swallow.

It looks like the perfect rifle to me with what I am guessing is going to be about 1K cheaper than the Scar.

You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting on that 7.62 also. See how it stacks up to the SCAR.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slippery Pete this is not even on your AR10 list? Are you trying to sneak another one in, or starting another list? In any case I can't imagine that there is anything in it that is a SCAR 17 killer unless its like 1/2 the price, but we shall see. I do like the bren2 in 5.56, but realistically its not as good as the 16.Smile

Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
They are sweet looking rifles.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Wow.

It looks like the perfect rifle to me with what I am guessing is going to be about 1K cheaper than the Scar.

I HATE THIS STUPID PLACE!!!! Now there's another $2000 down the crapper as I save for this gun that I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW EXISTED until opening this stupid thread!!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Slippery Pete this is not even on your AR10 list? Are you trying to sneak another one in, or starting another list? In any case I can't imagine that there is anything in it that is a SCAR 17 killer unless its like 1/2 the price, but we shall see. I do like the bren2 in 5.56, but realistically its not as good as the 16.Smile

I have 2 Scar 16's and if this rifle doesn't have any problems over the next 1000+ rounds I will say its better in my modest opinion.

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I SBR’d my Bren 2 11” pistol and love it. The Carbine is a smart choice for those not interested in the pistol variants for any such reason. The stock i got for my SBR is the Bren BR stock (before they announced the MS Carbine, since the MS Carbine has the BR stock). I really like it. The whole system works very well, and i continue to be impressed by it and enjoy it immensely.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:

I HATE THIS STUPID PLACE!!!! Now there's another $2000 down the crapper as I save for this gun that I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW EXISTED until opening this stupid thread!!

Welcome, friend. Smile

Do not feel alone!

This is probably the most overlooked section of the waiver. That and which are the approved cleaners for the unitard.

On a brighter note, it'll be a while yet before the 7.62 version gets here Wink

Oh, and I want one too!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will say its better in my modest opinion

Would be interesting to hear exactly what specifically is better. I've shot my bren2's a bunch and while they are nice I wouldn't trade a scar for one at least in the current situation...

Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I will say its better in my modest opinion

Would be interesting to hear exactly what specifically is better. I've shot my bren2's a bunch and while they are nice I wouldn't trade a scar for one at least in the current situation...

One of the biggest benefits of the Bren 2 over the Scar so far is the non-reciprocating charging handle. Stay tuned for more benefits after I have some more time with it.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I had planned to get a 14” and pin/weld a KeyMo mount and add a stock but with the release of the carbine, I’ll go that way. Waiting to see how prices settle in. Looks to be about $1849 right now

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post