SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CZ Bren 2 MS Carbine
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
CZ Bren 2 MS Carbine Login/Join 
Member
Picture of onpointgun
posted
So I have been waiting for the Bren 2 Carbine to hit the market and I finally picked it up last Friday. I have to say my first impression is very solid. I put maybe 300 rounds down range hassle free. I personally think this rifle has all the good things from the original Bren and Scar but was able to improve on them. Thew new rifle is 1 lb lighter than the original with a non-reciprocating charging handle and very improved bolt release. The trigger out of the box is fantastic at just under 4lbs. The barrel has a heavier profile than the pencil barrel on the original.

Bren 2 Link


I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.
 
Posts: 1967 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Proprietary mags yes/no?
 
Posts: 6450 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
Proprietary mags yes/no?


Nope any GI magazine works


I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.
 
Posts: 1967 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Depends on caliber. 5.56 is GI. 7.62x39 is proprietary. I didn't know the carbine had arrived. I have the pistols and its pretty nice overall. Some fussing needed to deal with slop in the buffer tube fitment for the brace, but overall not too much to complain about.


“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”
 
Posts: 8753 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Depends on caliber. 5.56 is GI. 7.62x39 is proprietary. I didn't know the carbine had arrived. I have the pistols and its pretty nice overall. Some fussing needed to deal with slop in the buffer tube fitment for the brace, but overall not too much to complain about.


The 7.62x39 carbine hasn't been released yet.


I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.
 
Posts: 1967 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I’ve been waiting for this rifle to be released here ever since it was announced.


"Living among the enemy behind the Tofu Curtain"
 
Posts: 2059 | Location: California, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
I’ve been waiting for this rifle to be released here ever since it was announced.


I have been waiting for the Bren 2 in 7.62x51.


I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.
 
Posts: 1967 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I grabbed one of the pistols and SBRed it last summer. I agree with all of your assessments. Really well made, smooth, reliable gun. I'll probably buy a 7.62x39 one this year.
 
Posts: 3549 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onpointgun:
I have been waiting for the Bren 2 in 7.62x51.


Wow.



One of the things near the top of my Want List is a .308 semiauto that takes PMAGs. And I'm a little bored with the traditional AR platform, so I had been eyeing a SCAR 17s with a replacement lower, but the price is a bit tough to swallow.

I'm definitely going to have to keep an eye out for this.

Unfortunately, it's only currently available in select fire to LE agencies. Let's hope they come out with a semiauto version soon.

(Or maybe I need to see about getting one for my agency to T&E. Wink )
 
Posts: 25118 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by onpointgun:
I have been waiting for the Bren 2 in 7.62x51.


Wow.



One of the things near the top of my Want List is a .308 semiauto that takes PMAGs. And I'm a little bored with the traditional AR platform, so I had been eyeing a SCAR 17s with a replacement lower, but the price is a bit tough to swallow.

I'm definitely going to have to keep an eye out for this.



It looks like the perfect rifle to me with what I am guessing is going to be about 1K cheaper than the Scar.


I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.
 
Posts: 1967 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting on that 7.62 also. See how it stacks up to the SCAR.


------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/
 
Posts: 6107 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Slippery Pete this is not even on your AR10 list? Are you trying to sneak another one in, or starting another list? In any case I can't imagine that there is anything in it that is a SCAR 17 killer unless its like 1/2 the price, but we shall see. I do like the bren2 in 5.56, but realistically its not as good as the 16.Smile


“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”
 
Posts: 8753 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
They are sweet looking rifles.


NRA Life Member

Owner
Sig 238, 230, 228, 220, 2022, MPX, 365
 
Posts: 737 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onpointgun:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by onpointgun:
I have been waiting for the Bren 2 in 7.62x51.


Wow.

One of the things near the top of my Want List is a .308 semiauto that takes PMAGs. And I'm a little bored with the traditional AR platform, so I had been eyeing a SCAR 17s with a replacement lower, but the price is a bit tough to swallow.

I'm definitely going to have to keep an eye out for this.



It looks like the perfect rifle to me with what I am guessing is going to be about 1K cheaper than the Scar.


I HATE THIS STUPID PLACE!!!! Now there's another $2000 down the crapper as I save for this gun that I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW EXISTED until opening this stupid thread!!


"Ultima Ratio Regum"
Life Member NRA
Member Washington Arms Collectors
The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them.'
 
Posts: 949 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Slippery Pete this is not even on your AR10 list? Are you trying to sneak another one in, or starting another list? In any case I can't imagine that there is anything in it that is a SCAR 17 killer unless its like 1/2 the price, but we shall see. I do like the bren2 in 5.56, but realistically its not as good as the 16.Smile


I have 2 Scar 16's and if this rifle doesn't have any problems over the next 1000+ rounds I will say its better in my modest opinion.


I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.
 
Posts: 1967 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I SBR’d my Bren 2 11” pistol and love it. The Carbine is a smart choice for those not interested in the pistol variants for any such reason. The stock i got for my SBR is the Bren BR stock (before they announced the MS Carbine, since the MS Carbine has the BR stock). I really like it. The whole system works very well, and i continue to be impressed by it and enjoy it immensely.



____________________________
While you may be able to get away with bottom shelf whiskey, stay the hell away from bottom shelf tequila. - FishOn
 
Posts: 7435 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:



I HATE THIS STUPID PLACE!!!! Now there's another $2000 down the crapper as I save for this gun that I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW EXISTED until opening this stupid thread!!





Welcome, friend. Smile

Do not feel alone!

This is probably the most overlooked section of the waiver. That and which are the approved cleaners for the unitard.

On a brighter note, it'll be a while yet before the 7.62 version gets here Wink

Oh, and I want one too!




Frank

Dogs are gifts from God, full of love. Save a life, adopt!

…and God made dogs, and it was very good, and God said: “I’m gonna have to have all of these back.” Genesis 1, gospel according to Mr. Monkey ✡

NRA Benefactor Frown (Go away, Wayne!!! )

私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです!
 
Posts: 3935 | Location: too near debt-riot, mitch-e-gan | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will say its better in my modest opinion

Would be interesting to hear exactly what specifically is better. I've shot my bren2's a bunch and while they are nice I wouldn't trade a scar for one at least in the current situation...


“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”
 
Posts: 8753 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
quote:
I will say its better in my modest opinion

Would be interesting to hear exactly what specifically is better. I've shot my bren2's a bunch and while they are nice I wouldn't trade a scar for one at least in the current situation...


One of the biggest benefits of the Bren 2 over the Scar so far is the non-reciprocating charging handle. Stay tuned for more benefits after I have some more time with it.


I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.
 
Posts: 1967 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I had planned to get a 14” and pin/weld a KeyMo mount and add a stock but with the release of the carbine, I’ll go that way. Waiting to see how prices settle in. Looks to be about $1849 right now
 
Posts: 2132 | Location: Leesburg VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CZ Bren 2 MS Carbine

© SIGforum 2020