SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    That long gun under your bed (poll)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

That long gun under your bed (poll) Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Colt 6920, Surefire M300C

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had our house broken into and lost a 870, 6920 and three handguns that were out. How do you secure your long gun so that it is not stolen, or worse yet, used against you if you came home while a burglary was underway?

Posts: 186 | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It stays with me

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My side of the bed has an 870 with an 18.5" rifled barrel and stoked with Hornady SST sabot slugs.

Her side of the bed has an AR15 with at least one 30 round magazine stoked with Hornady defensive ammo.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
That is kind of a tough question. I keep a Sig P229 in Sig .357 and a flashlight on the nightstand next to me. Under my bed on my side is a Mossberg 12 gauge shotgun with a Surefire foregrip. Most likely if something goes bump in the night in the house it will be the shotgun I grab. Now when it comes to the long gun I trust most that I own to use, then I would say that would be my Noveske 300blk, but it is locked up in my safe.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
FAL/TLR-1 HL. G30/TLR-3 is literally an arms reach away.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I keep an AR in the corner and a Glock 19 on the nightstand. If anyone gets past the dogs to the bedroom, they're welcome to them. And if I come home and surprise the intruders, I'm always carrying my Shield 45.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
870 EPM

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AR....but what do you guys have under your pillow?

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remington 870 Wingmaster.

Posts: 90 | Location: SW VA | Registered: January 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I have a Tavor, with a replacement handguard that has an Elzetta light with a pressure switch mounted inside. I also put an Aimpoint Micro and a Silencerco Omega suppressor. I also put in a Geissele trigger, stock it was horrible.

With the 16" barrel and silencer it's about the same size as a non-NFA AR with the stock collapsed all the way.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Pump city!

yep,

one upstairs in the bedroom,

and one downstairs,

just in case

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Sig 229 in nightstand pistol vault. Sort of SBR: Tavor X95 in or around bed. Mossberg Shockwave in or around closet. German Shepherd sleeping beside bed. Full bladed karambit in sheath mounted to headboard. Weaponlights on pistol and rifle, two small but powerful flashlights near bed. I usually lock up the rifle when I leave the house, shotgun is in a hidden compartment. If I am going to be gone for more than a day, everything goes in the safe.

Exterior security cameras/lights with notifications to cell phone or tablet.

I will be adding a second dog, either another GSD or a Rottweiler or a Belgium Malinois later on this year.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Colt 5.56 6720 pencil barrel carbine, Surefire M600 Ultra Scout light, Aimpoint micro, 30 rounds of Speer Gold Dot in the welcome kit.

Benelli M2 tactical in the closet with #4 buckshot.

Beretta CX4 storm carbine 9MM with 20 rounds on the wife's side.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nightstand is an XDM 45 with a TLR-1HL. Her nightstand is a CZ P-07 Duty SE with the same light. Sig 556 SWAT Patrol with an Aimpoint Mirco and weapon light is a closet away. Shockwave isn't much farther. Coffee table is an XDM 9 3.8 SC.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 969 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
5.56 SBR surpressed

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Ithaca 37 chopped to 12" and a B&T APC45 with suppressor.

Posts: 3079 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This 870 20 gauge

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
AR15

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tavor X95, and a Steyr L9 in the night stand

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post