SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    That long gun under your bed (poll)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

That long gun under your bed (poll) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Sig MPX sbr.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Colt M4 LEO6920 SBR with a can, and a aimpoint

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
300 BLK SBR suppressed loaded with Barnes 110 he tac-tx. Now if I’m in the basement I have a Mossberg 930 ready with 10 rounds of buck. It all depends on where I’m at but if I’m in bed the SBR is what I’m grabbing.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Pistol within reach, a few steps to get the 500 Mariner, which is where I’m going if the situation allows.

I’m thinking about switching out to a 300 BO pistol or SBR, suppressed. It just makes sense to protect my hearing, and anyone else nearby. Bad actors hopefully have much bigger problems than ear drum trauma.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:

Holy thread necro, Batman.
Almost 6 years.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mossberg 590A-1 with alternating 00 and slugs; 8 in tube, 4 in the stock, one chambered in the MBR closet; SIG P220 loaded with Federal HSTs in the nightstand

Posts: 153 | Registered: December 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
5.56 AR under the bed, along with a P226 and my carry P228.

quote:
Originally posted by GJM AK:
How do you secure your long gun so that it is not stolen, or worse yet, used against you if you came home while a burglary was underway?

AMSEC makes a pretty sweet under bed safe, the DV652:

Posts: 836 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
Almost 6 years.

Yep... BRL must have been down deep in the mines when he dug this one up!

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
Almost 6 years.

Yep... BRL must have been down deep in the mines when he dug this one up!

I don’t even Remer what I was searching for, I think either pistol braces or suppressors.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I have a Glock 34 which resides in an AMSEC pistol box closest to where I sleep. A mixmaster AR is secured and ready to go where I and my family will be retreating to wait for the cavalry to show up. Of course our fist line of defense is a monitored alarm system and hardened doors.

For many reasons, I am currently re-assessing all of my security and defensive needs.

Posts: 2949 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep an 870 police magnum and a Marlin 336 next to the bed and G19 in the night stand with several extra 17 mags and 2 other G19s stashed in other rooms

Posts: 453 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Mossberg Maverick 12ga sits in the corner of the MBR. My EDC 1911 is on the nightstand

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11269 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Long gun is an 870 with an extension full of #4.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 328 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
There will be something accessible once the kids move out.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Still the trusty ole SIG P556-SBR and Glock 19, still not sure if the Holosun was a good investment, but it does keep my hand from slipping off in a moment of excitement or if my arthritis is bothering me.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I voted rifle caliber SBR but in reality I have an AR rifle caliber SBR and a shorty 20 gauge loaded with #4 Buckshot close by. I also keep a 9mm AK SBR in the wife's bedroom.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
I also keep a 9mm AK SBR in the wife's bedroom.

She has her own bedroom? I admire your efficiency, sir.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I agree that you need multiple options. First on deck is a G17, 14ft away is a Mossberg. That should get me to serious problem solving in 5.56.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No long gun under the bed for me. Would be constantly cleaning dog hair out of it. 2 German Shepherds on the bed, P320 within reach and AR15 (16" 5.56) in the closet.

Posts: 339 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Shotgun leaning against the wall by the side of the bed. This is my preferred option. The 1911 on the headboard is just in case shit happens so fast that I can't reach the shotgun.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post