SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ar10 stocks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ar10 stocks Login/Join 
sick puppy
posted
I like the look of the Magpul UBR stock and similar. Im thinking of getting one of this style, but i see online that these are sold for the AR15 and that some require different tubes or springs than the ar10. But i cant find any definitive answers as to what exactly is needed. What is yalls favorite ar10 stock?

I have the DD5V1, if that helps.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
My SiG 716 DMR came with the UBR, it had a flat full-length spring and a short AR10 buffer which was the same weight as a full length buffer but short like a regular collapsible stock buffers.

I like it but I also like the PRS but it's on the heavy side ... For something lighter in a fullsize stock the Luth-AR modular stock ... It's also less expensive depending in what your looking for.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I will say that both my buddy and I had UBR Gen 1 stocks on our SBR'd .308s. In both our cases the short Allen screws holding the cheek piece to the tube stripped out the threads from the tube while shooting. Both were repaired by Magpul only to have the issue reappear within 50 rounds.

I don't know if it was directly related to the recoil of the SBR'd gun, but it was disappointing for sure.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
I like the look of the Magpul UBR stock and similar. Im thinking of getting one of this style, but i see online that these are sold for the AR15 and that some require different tubes or springs than the ar10. But i cant find any definitive answers as to what exactly is needed. What is yalls favorite ar10 stock?

I have the DD5V1, if that helps.

The DD5s use a standard, mil-spec buffer tube, castle nut and QD/staking plate, so pretty much any after market AR stock will fit in its place. The only DD5-unique part in that area, ( aside from the buffer and buffer spring, ) is the take down pin and take down pin detent spring. That spring is extra long, so it's best not to launch it into infinity and beyond, ( but if that were to happen, I'm sure DD will be more than glad to hook you up with another one. Wink Cool )

The DD5's buffer and buffer spring will install back into the UBR.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:

The DD5s use a standard, mil-spec buffer tube, castle nut and QD/staking plate, so pretty much any after market AR stock will fit in its place. The only DD5-unique part in that area, ( aside from the buffer and buffer spring, ) is the take down pin and take down pin detent spring. That spring is extra long, so it's best not to launch it into infinity and beyond, ( but if that were to happen, I'm sure DD will be more than glad to hook you up with another one. Wink Cool )

The DD5's buffer and buffer spring will install back into the UBR.

Perfect, thanks!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post