SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What do you like for optic on your AR SBR or Pistol?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you like for optic on your AR SBR or Pistol? Login/Join 
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted
What do you like? Why? I'm shopping currently, but I don't have the wealth of experience and life context that comes out of this forum.

Unless I ask for input, that is.

I'm rounding off a 10.5" pistol build, so no real expectations outside of what these builds usually end up being used for, so...What do you like? Smile

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I prefer good old irons.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post

For a RDS, this is my vote. Aimpoint T1/H1/T2.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
My primary AR SBR --> Aimpoint T-2 in an ADM Mount.

But I also use an Aimpoint Pro and M4S on other SBRs I have with no issues.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Trijicon MRO

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Aimpoint Micro H1, or Aimpoint PRO.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aimpoint Micro here as well.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
Aimpoint T1

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
I use a Trijicon MRO in a Larue Mount. I’ve thought about swapping it for a 1-6 variable but have decided that for me those would be better on a 16” and longer upper.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trijicon MRO or Aimpoint Micro T-1 on my “serious” guns. Holosun HS503GU as a lower priced option on some of my other stuff.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aimpoint on serious stuff.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aimpoints if you can afford it. If not a used aimpoint. If you still can't do that the vortex sparc AR or Sig Romeo 4s are nice on a tight budget as long as you know what you have.

Another option is night sights on your irons. I ran HK 416 diopters with front and rear night sights for a while and liked them alot. Not as fast but pretty quick.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
1-4x or 1-6x illuminated scope...

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I use an Aimpoint Comp M4s on my 11.5" AR.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
EOtech for me. I also have a holosun H1 clone and it’s been good so far.

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I have Primary Arms micro, Vortex Sparc, Sig Romeo5 on various pistols. All have BUIS, of course.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My eyes are getting older so I removed my Micro H1 and added a Leupold VXR Patrol. It is fast at 1.5x and allows accurate shots out to 200yds at 4x. The scope also has a daylight visible red dot and is motion activated for long battery life.

Posts: 1097 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig Romeo 5 plus backup irons on mine.

Posts: 828 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
1-4x or 1-6x illuminated scope...

Same here for my SBRs

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
My eyes are getting older so I removed my Micro H1 and added a Leupold VXR Patrol. It is fast at 1.5x and allows accurate shots out to 200yds at 4x. The scope also has a daylight visible red dot and is motion activated for long battery life.
]

The VXR is a great lightweight scope. Everybody is chasing a true 1x, and for good reason. But for a non hd type rifle, the weight and ease of use, the VXRs are the ticket. I have the Hog version that has capped turrets and the Pig Plex reticle. It rides with me on a 14.5 lightweight when I go to the woods.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post