SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What do you like for optic on your AR SBR or Pistol?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you like for optic on your AR SBR or Pistol? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
My eyes are getting older so I removed my Micro H1 and added a Leupold VXR Patrol. It is fast at 1.5x and allows accurate shots out to 200yds at 4x. The scope also has a daylight visible red dot and is motion activated for long battery life.

How do you like that flash can on the rifle in the first pic?

I love it. It is a KAK Industries flash can that directs all the flash and noise forward of the shooter. It really saves the guys next to you.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
1-4x or 1-6x illuminated scope...

Same here for my SBRs

I had an H1 on my 11.5" SBR and for strictly HD it worked well due to it's weight and battery life. During a recent range trip though I noticed that due to my eyes getting old the dot did not give me the precision at 100m that I had been used to so I put a Trijicon TR24 on it, it weights more and is "slightly" slower in HD distances it works much better all around.

The H1 will go on a 8.5" pistol that will take the place of the SBR as my closet gun for home defence.

One of these days I would like to get a VX6 for the SBR, unless someone else comes along with a better option. I prefer a simple reticle and most of the x6 and x8 scopes have some type of bdc. On a strickly 250m (due to expansion limits on the TSX/TAP rounds) rifle I don't need a bdc.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
EOTech for serious use.
<Snip>

What's your definition of "serious use"?

LEO?
Home Defense?
Competition?

Just curious, no insult intended.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
EOTech for serious use.
<Snip>

What's your definition of "serious use"?

LEO?
Home Defense?
Competition?

Just curious, no insult intended.
LE and HD, and those are the two purposes for which my rifles are used.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Aimpoint T-1 on my UCIW.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Irons for my SBR. Troy sights, with the rear that has the diamond shaped hole.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Daniel defense iron sights.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
Ive got several different SBRs in different calibers. All but one have Aimpoint Micros on them with Surefire X300 lights and Troy irons. The HD ready ones have a mag coupler or drum in them. Oh, and a suppressor.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2risky
posted Hide Post
Still waiting on the stamp for mine but I have a Sig Romeo 4 ready for it. I have the same on a Sig 516 that has worked well for me. It's light weight, affordable, low profile and very good battery life. I have an Aimpoint M3 as well as an Eotech XPS2 (which I was planning on using) but after using the Romeo 4 for awhile I really like it. My Christmas present for this year.

Posts: 658 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
HK style drum sight backed up by co-witnessed Primary Arms Micro dot (I’d love a real Aimpoint H/T-1, but can’t justify the cost). Of course, this is on a SBR Sig 556. The drum sight is amazing, too bad not available for an AR. I also have an AR SBR, also with a Micro dot.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
10.5” 5.56 and .300 BO. One has a Trijicon MRO 2.0 and the other a Holosun HS503GU.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Aimpoint CompM5 on my new MCX.

Man, looks like a “Sinclair” cleaning cradle?
I’ve one myself

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1302 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:

Indeed, it is.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post

I've swapped optics around a little more since this photo, but I really like the Aimpoint PRO and the Eotech equally. I got my wife a Vortex Spitfire for the MPX because she can't see the dots on either of the others due to pretty severe astigmatism.
not an AR, but the VZ just needs irons, and i'm amazed at how much more I love it without an optic.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Aimpoint CompM5 on my new MCX.

I’ve one myself

I didn't know of a company that made cleaning cradle ... An aquantiance on another forum made this for me, I wonder if that's wher he got the idea. I just mine it a at gunshows as a display. He made a suppressor adapter for my Seyer SPP and an extension for my SWR suppressor so I could use it on my MP5SD then he dropped off the radar and I haven't heard from him in over a year.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The cradles are available through Brownells/Sinclair and are somewhat modular. The “tie bars” are available in different lengths as are the front and rear cradle “saddles.” Several different assemblies for different guns are also sold together. I have two different setups to use with the rifles I have.

https://www.sinclairintl.com/g...ng-cradles/index.htm

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Aimpoint Micro remains my first choice, though the MRO I borrowed a while ago works pretty well as well. I've also used a TA31 before also; kinda neat but also kinda overkill on a pistol. I've also done RMRs on a couple of occasions, but they're a bit on fragile side in my mind and then I started having problems with a RM07 Type 1 that I'll likely have to send back to Trijicon. But I generally like and prefer RDSs to be on the smaller side yet still noted for toughness, especially since I can be rough on my guns--"unintentionally", mind you Roll Eyes--while out shooting in the back country.

While I'm here...as for the 'flavor' of the times: I personally don't like the feel, switchgear and overall operation of Vortex rifle red dots but their price and full coverage lifetime-of-the-unit warranty are hard if not impossible to beat (Aimpoint's warranty is currently only 10 years and is not transferable like Vortex's is, for example). I don't have ANY faith in Leupold electronics. Mebbe their red dots have gotten better, but the dot failures I've seen with their Firedot scopes is enough to keep me away. To me electronics and Leupold optics is a failure just itching to happen.

And then there's the scumbags at EOTech. Don't trust them or their optics. A definitive no-go for me.

I've also used SIG before; they work but like Vortex their MIC vibe just doesn't sit well on my 'Merican ARs.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ACOG. It doesnt take much astigmatism to make red dot or holographic sights worthless.

Posts: 24 | Registered: January 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Trijicon MRO

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
I have a Vortex SparcAR on my AR pistol.

There are better red dots, but it has been up to the task through some rough use.

For the AR pistol project I just started, I'm planning to use one of these.

Everything else I own has Aimpoints and ACOGs on them, but I figured to give the Vortex a try.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post