SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Streamlight TL Racker
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Streamlight TL Racker Login/Join 
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted
Anyone have an experience with the TL Racker ? Silly name, but 1000 lumens and a new forend for around $120 you couldn't go wrong. The other night the wife "heard" the doorbell and our dog was barking, but I didn't hear any of it. I grabbed the Shockwave instead of the Scar and soon realized I was lightless.

I have been thinking of a Magpul forend and adding a light and ran across this and was intrigued.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No idea on that one. But I have been using the surefire one for a very long time and there is no practical downside.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
My 870 is 20G

Credit card is breathing a sigh of relief.

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The downside to the Surefire is that they weigh a ton and depending on model, have pretty poor switch ergos. I think the TL Racker is an ugly bitch, but I'd like to give one a shot. Seems like a good choice for 14" guns.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
I have one on a Mossberg. It's much better than it should be for $120. The switch takes some practice but it's useable. I'd say it's fine for HD or in my case motorhome defense.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Looks good, I may have to pick one up.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I have a very old Surefire forearm on my 870 (like incandescent old). I might take a look at this as my SBS project on this 870 takes shape.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Interesting.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post