SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Looking for a lower
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a lower Login/Join 
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Lately I've noticed a few places carrying Ruger lowers. Anyone have any experience with one? The ones I have seen are about $90. Not sure they are worth twice the price of an Anderson, but down the line it might make resale easier being a bigger name brand.

Save the money and invest it in a trigger upgrade instead. Long run, that will be more valuable.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Whole Aero Precision build set...

https://bkingsfirearms.com/sho...ision-receivers-fde/

$399 and includes the lower

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
If in your situation with your grandson I would be looking at something different.

I would do something along the lines of

RRA
Noveske
LMT
Colt

The one with spyder on it

Mega

One of the more recognized brands.

While nothing wrong with others. I would want one that would "possibly" be a bit more desirable for him. They are pretty cheap so why not.

That is just my take.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19155 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
sign up for Aero emails. They have a daily item and they often send out 15-20% off sales. Also free shipping, but sometimes that does require $99 or more purchase.

RighttoBear INCLUDES the barrel but with the aero quantum hand guards. Most other sites make u pay for it, it’s a $20 add on. RTB ship fast, good peeps.

And remember when you order a lower you have to go through local FFL which normally charges $20 or more for transfer. I see Anderson lowers on line constantly for $35. But then I have to add $20 FFL transfer and possibly shipping and/or tax pending seller rules. I have a local shop and a Cabelas that sell Anderson lowers all day long everyday for $50. It’s easier and a tad less to buy them locally.

Enjoy the build and building life long memories

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Check Aero mag well before building. Mine was fine with metal but horrid with any polymer magazine - then it didn't work with old school straight 20rd mags either.

They took it back and 'reworked it' - it's 'better' now, but poly mags (PMAGs, Lancers) are still tighter than I like - function fine but don't drop free consistently.

Acceptable for the minimal use it gets as it's just an extra rifle for my son and I, but if it was one of my primaries it would be a no go.

My preferred lower is Mega Machine Forged Gators. Great lowers and worth the minimal premium - they run around $110.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post