SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New Frontier Armory???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Frontier Armory??? Login/Join 
Proud member of
the vanning collective
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Really would like to build a 10mm AR and am tired of waiting on QC10 to get their act together and get their 10mm upper parts rolling.

Stumbled across New Frontier Armory and their .40 BCGs indicate they function with 10mm.

I have an upper in the safe. Match it to the New Frontier Armory BCG and a KAW Valley barrel.
Use the QC10 large frame Glock lower as I am not sure of anyone else making large framed Glock lowers.

Just curious on folks experiences with New Frontier.

--------------------------------------
Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard

Posts: 17261 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They're my LGS.
Great guys to deal with. They stand behind their products. They also have never profited from any of the panics. They simply sell things at retail, over the counter, until they're gone. They did limit quantity but that's as it should be.

Buy one of their lowers. Try and break it. They'll replace it.

Good, all around.

Bruce

Hanlon's Razor /prov./ A corollary of Finagle's Law, similar to Occam's Razor, that reads "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

"It is better to be considered a house cat and sit on the lap of pretty girls than to be feared as a tiger and hunted by men."- T. Takamatsu

Posts: 2158 | Location: NV | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I second New Frontier Armory. They are about 10 miles from my house and are my lgs. Very friendly with many of them being vets like myself.

Posts: 486 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Proud member of
the vanning collective
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
They're my LGS.
Great guys to deal with. They stand behind their products. They also have never profited from any of the panics. They simply sell things at retail, over the counter, until they're gone. They did limit quantity but that's as it should be.

Buy one of their lowers. Try and break it. They'll replace it.

Good, all around.

Bruce

Does not appear that they make a large frame Glock lower to accommodate 10mm mags or I would they are far cheaper than QC10.

Soren Kierkegaard

Proud member of
the vanning collective
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Small update.
I emailed them and was advised their lowers for Large frame Glock mags should be out at the end of the month.

Very glad to hear this as their complete lower is cheaper than QC10s stripped. Plus their 10mm stuff is vaporware as at least for a year they have been saying it is coming.

Tired of waiting.

Soren Kierkegaard

posted Hide Post
I may pick up a 10mm setup, myself, if they're making it.

Bruce

Hanlon's Razor /prov./ A corollary of Finagle's Law, similar to Occam's Razor, that reads "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

"It is better to be considered a house cat and sit on the lap of pretty girls than to be feared as a tiger and hunted by men."- T. Takamatsu

Posts: 2158 | Location: NV | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Got me thinking....

I'd really like a 10mm setup. Off to research...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagon, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.GreatLandMissions.org
www.GLVS.org

Posts: 12409 | Location: On the Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
++1 for NFA, they are a top notch shop. Since it is in North Las Vegas, it is a bit of a haul for those that live in Las Vegas, that said, the distance does not deter their many faithful from making the trek to call them their LGS.

Posts: 87 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Proud member of
the vanning collective
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
Got me thinking....

I'd really like a 10mm setup. Off to research...

My plan is as follows:

NFA large frame lower (if it actually comes to fruition) and BCG
Colt LPK with ALG trigger
Rainer Upper minus FA (has sitting for over a year waiting on QC10s upper parts that are still vaporware)
KAW valley 16" 10mm barrel (don't plan to suppress so no SBR)
Not sure on Handguard or muzzle device yet.

Soren Kierkegaard

Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
Dave (owner of NFA) is great to deal with. You have likely seen a lot of his lowers, as he makes billets for JoeBobs, spartan, Valley Armory and several others.

I done blowed it up real good.

Posts: 4369 | Location: Clarksville, TN | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
I've had one of their plastic lowers for a few years.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17714 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kandersn
posted Hide Post
I can't comment on a 10mm, but I just finished a 9mm SBR build using a New Frontier C-9 lower, a New Frontier side charging handle upper and a New Frontier bolt. The other parts are from various vendors.

So far, it's been flawless. The only issue, was I had to shim the ejector over a little bit because it the bolt was rubbing on it. Not enough to cause a malfunction, but enough to leave marks.

I put a 7.5 in barrel on it. Lots of fun to shoot. I'll be using it in USPSA this season, so I may try some lighter buffers. Right now I have a 7.5 oz buffer with a heavy spring. The dot bounces a fair bit, but I probably just need to get used to it.

I'm happy with the New Frontier parts.

Kevin

Posts: 280 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: September 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post