SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Experiences With Or Thoughts On Kel-Tec SUB2000 Gen. 2?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Experiences With Or Thoughts On Kel-Tec SUB2000 Gen. 2? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
A buddy spotted this behind the counter at a a LGS & range last week: Kel-Tec SUB2000 (Gen. 2)

It seems kind of cool, and possibly quite handy. Anybody here with any experience with them?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ensigmatic,

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26007 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trigger isn't target quality but they run well, shoot straight, super compact, and use relatively inexpensive easy to find Glock 33rd mags.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Mine has been out a couple of times....cool little gun. I picked mine up for under $400. Mine runs Glock 17 mags. Works as advertised. I installed a few M*Carbo upgrade parts....e.g., recoilless/weighted bolt handle, recoil spring tube sleeve, recoil spring buffer, compensator. Like I said, pretty cool.

Just saw that M*Carbo is offering version that has been tricked out with their upgrades directly at the kel-tec factory. $725 and done.

https://www.mcarbo.com/kel-tec...-2-9mm-for-sale.aspx

M*Carbo upgrade parts are the real deal.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: x0225095,

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Pro tip: don’t let your long, flowing beard get caught in the operating handle.

Posts: 26851 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Pro tip: don’t let your long, flowing beard get caught in the operating handle.

I'd pay good money to watch that video.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Mine is a Gen 1. I like it.
The ability to tart it up with Mlok stuff is a useful change.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I have one that takes Beretta magazines and my Dad has one that takes Glock mags. Both are 9mm

I love it, it's a cool little carbine and shoots pretty well for me.

Added an extended (two-finger) charging handle from MCARBO that made a huge difference and currently have a red dot scope on it that sits above the iron sights.

If I could find any fault with it, it would be the stock iron sights which are too low for me and force me to get an awkward and slightly uncomfortable cheek weld. With a riser and the red dot, that issue is gone.

Posts: 33599 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Could you please be more specific in the title of your thread?

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what improvements were made on the 2nd gen; but I have a 1st gen that takes Glock mags and I love it.

I have a CZ Scorpion as well and have left the CZ in the safe ever since I bought the Kel Tec.

I've fired about 500 - 600 rounds through it and have had 0 issues at all.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
I'm not sure what improvements were made on the 2nd gen; but I have a 1st gen that takes Glock mags and I love it.

I have a CZ Scorpion as well and have left the CZ in the safe ever since I bought the Kel Tec.

I’m confused here. You state you have a Gen 1 but your picture clearly shows a Gen 2?

Posts: 33599 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Here is my 9mm Beretta magazine version. I love the OD green:

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I have have the first gen that takes Smith 5906 mags (since converted to P226 mags)

It's cool. Don't really use it for anything. But it's cool.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

I’m confused here. You state you have a Gen 1 but your picture clearly shows a Gen 2?

If it's a gen 2 I had no no idea; I just assumed it was a gen 1. I bought it a year ago. What is the difference between 1 and 2?

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

If it's a gen 2 I had no no idea; I just assumed it was a gen 1. I bought it a year ago. What is the difference between 1 and 2?

Gen 1 was pre-2015 or so and looked a little different than Gen 2, things like no Picatinny rails, etc

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Asked this primarily for my buddy's benefit, as he's interested in one. (Don't recall what his intended use was.)

I think they're cool, and it'd be neat to have one based on that, alone, but I have other firearm priorities that are well ahead of it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26007 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Thank you for clarifying PASig. Sorry for hijacking your thread ensigmatic.

I think I paid $430 for mine and the Glock mags are around $30 - $35. The rifle is fun to shoot, folds up pretty small and I don't have to baby it like I do my USC because I didn't pay a lot for it. My friend HATES it but that makes me like it even more Big Grin

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
It sort of reminds me of "The Linda" (updated for the 21st century) or maybe a grown up survival 22 ... I don't see how anyone could prefer it over a Scorpion ... I've yet found any KelTec that didn't feel cheap and un-finished ...

What's the attraction?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Folded, they'll fit in very non-tactical appearing computer notebook carrying cases.

quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
I've yet found any KelTec that didn't feel cheap and un-finished ...

What's the attraction?

Well, one of the attractions is, posting about your own KelTec baits in Keltec-haters like wearing a MAGA hat in Starbucks baits the commies. ( Just sayin', don' mean nuthin'mean, Wink )

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
It sort of reminds me of "The Linda" (updated for the 21st century) or maybe a grown up survival 22 ... I don't see how anyone could prefer it over a Scorpion ... I've yet found any KelTec that didn't feel cheap and un-finished ...

What's the attraction?

Perhaps not everyone dislikes Kel-Tec like you Confused

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
gen 2 has two picatinny rails top and bottom and mlok on the sides. threaded barrel for a suppressor!!!

Be aware that there was a recall on gen 2's because of a improperly heatr rtreated barrel. so check with the company and make sure that it isnt one covered on the recall.

I had to send mine back before I ever fired a round. I found a package deal on mcarbo parts and upgrafed everything. The biggest upgrade would be the trigger and the metal trigger guard. I will be putting some rounds through it this summer and we will see how the accuarcy is!!!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post