SIGforum
Experiences With Or Thoughts On Kel-Tec SUB2000 Gen. 2?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/6530052554

April 05, 2019, 10:29 PM
SigSentry
Experiences With Or Thoughts On Kel-Tec SUB2000 Gen. 2?
I didn't kick myself (much) when the gen2 came out. By then I had upgraded with Red Lion, Tandemkross, and lastly with a M-Carbo trigger. At least with the gen2 the buffer tube is the firearm.

S2k is a decent if not unique shooter.

April 06, 2019, 11:22 AM
kimberkid
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Folded, they'll fit in very non-tactical appearing computer notebook carrying cases.

Well, one of the attractions is, posting about your own KelTec baits in Keltec-haters like wearing a MAGA hat in Starbucks baits the commies. ( Just sayin', don' mean nuthin'mean, Wink )

I don't feel like I'm a hater ... I've owned a couple Kel-Tec's! The little 380 when it first came out and stormed the CCW communities ... Compare it to a Ruger LCP and you understand what I mean by unfinished ... I've also owned a PMR-30, again a very high demand firearm, I bought one on line and when I picked it up all I could think is WTF! I bought 3 boxes of 22mag and shot up one box but I've still got 2 boxes left because it felt so cheap I wasn't comfortable shooting it.
Granted, both of these worked right out of the box ... its just that they just felt cheap, on the "up side" I had no problem in selling them(nor any regret).
Also I've handled a buddy's KSG ... again, in my hands it just felt rough and unfinished, maybe that's by design ... but I didn't like it. He didn't keep it long either.

I may have seen the Sub-2000 at shows and snubbed it due to my prior experiences, however I will admit I like the looks of the Kel-Tec RDB (the 223 bullpup) but I'd like to handle ... maybe even shoot one before laying out the cash for one ... I'm skeptical because it seems to have the same type texture as the PMR30.
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
<snip>
Perhaps not everyone dislikes Kel-Tec like you Confused

Since they are still in business I guess not, that doesn't mean I'm wrong!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
April 06, 2019, 09:03 PM
ScooterX
I suppose that awful front site can be removed? And just run a red dot??
April 07, 2019, 11:30 AM
bubbatime
This forum cost me more money. Saw a gen 2 G19 version at the fun store, thought of this thread, and bam, now I own a gen 1 P226 version and a gen 2 Glock version. Oops.

April 14, 2019, 05:56 PM
.38supersig
Been wanting one of these for a while. Did anyone ever attempt to take a 40 rear and a 9 front to combine a 357 Sig variant?

Gave up for a while. Found a MechTech carbine in 357 Sig and added a Gen2 Glock frame. Figured it would do for now.

I keep checking every now and then to see if they have one.