SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Has anyone ordered from Retro Rifles out of Reno NV?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone ordered from Retro Rifles out of Reno NV? Login/Join 
posted
https://retrorifles.com/

A pal back east just had a bad experience, I'm wondering if that's common or just a one-time thing. He used his credit card to order a flash hider, sling, and some lock washers and the card was charged immediately. After waiting a reasonable amount of time, he sent a polite status check email to the company. No reply. Another wait, he sent a second and then a THIRD email. Nothing.

He considered calling them on the phone, but based on the conduct he'd already experienced he had no-reason to trust any verbal assurances they may have given him, and thus wanted to keep any communication in-writing. He then called his CC to protest the order and – Golly, Sergeant Carter - he got an email they're being shipped. No explanation or apology, just a shipping notice. They have not yet arrived, but it seems RR only got the message when payment was stopped.

Has anyone had a good or bad experience with Retro Rifles?

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE. Everything they offer is cheaper somewhere else and in stock. I am really into the whole retro ar15 thing. These guys are terrible. Expect to wait almost a year for a built up upper.

I personally use JSE surplus for my small parts. Last thing I ordered from them (a complete CAR upper) was in my hand in 5 days.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the AR15.com retro sub forum there is discussion about them.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post