SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Picking up my SCAR 17 on Saturday, now what?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picking up my SCAR 17 on Saturday, now what? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess in a sling that you would choose for an AR would be sufficient for the SCAR?

The sling itself sure. The problem is 17 std. mounts are not very friendly and not QD. I run the Parker Mountain Machine qd sling mounts. The rear I consider almost mandatory. The front you can use a rail mounted QD. But when you decide that the rails have to go then the front one is nice.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10994 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
I run a Trijicon TA33R9 on a LaRue QD mount.
How's the eye relief with that thing? I was always under the impression that ACOGs had very little eye relief, but you've got it mounted fairly far forward.

My cheek weld has always been far forward with my nose touching or on the back end of the sight or when the rear sight lays back I’m adjusted to just a tad behind the top of the laid down rear sight. I’ve never measured but it’s about an inch and a half to two inches the way I shoot it.

Posts: 6008 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slippery Pete:

What in the hell threw up on that poor SCAR?

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Now you need to hit the Parker Mountain Machine website and add just about one of everything to your cart. Really really finishes up a world class weapon.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 969 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post