SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Jan. 1945 Springfield M1 Garand Arrived!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jan. 1945 Springfield M1 Garand Arrived! Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted
Received my M1 Garand. I requested a WWII Springfield. Received a 1/45. Super happy for a matching barrel and receiver but kind of bummed with the CMP stock but heck it's new and nice. Also a 42/43 bolt. All I could tell before breaking down for a much needed lube.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Looks great! Be grateful you didn't get the new garbagewood. You can always swap out the stocks for beat up GI versions if you desire.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3181 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Nice score!

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:

Be careful. Your bolt is not locked all the way back and the operating rod hooks are not engaged in the operating rod catch. Your bolt is currently hung up on the rear of the follower and slide assembly and is in prime condition to give someone Garand thumb.

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Very nice, congrats! Also, heed the advice above. But if you don’t, you’ll probably only do that once, and yeah, the bleeding is normal. As they say, you don’t truly own an M1 until it has tasted your blood. Wink

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I like it! That stock isn't bad...I get that it's not "correct", but at least it's nice...I've seen some BAD ones. And like others have said, you can always buy a GI stock and swap it out if you want.

As to Garand thumb...be careful. I thought it couldn't happen to me. I was wrong. And it hurts more than you'd think.

Thanks for sharing pics...I always enjoy seeing what's coming out of the CMP.

Posts: 8414 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle! And it looks like CMP has improved the cases they use for shipping too.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2540 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah... When I purchased my 2 rifles last year, the cases were cheap with eggshell carton foam in them.

Nice rifle.

Enjoy!

The "Boz"

Posts: 1528 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aww shit... Look at that! been here for over 10 years and just hit 1000 posts.

Time for a Karma.

Will be rifle related as I hit the mark here!!!

Sorry for the thread drift...

The "Boz"

Posts: 1528 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tailhook 84:
Nice rifle! And it looks like CMP has improved the cases they use for shipping too.

yep - i like the look of their new case, for sure!

beautiful rifle, Sig4eva!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Nice shooter!

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
Yeah... When I purchased my 2 rifles last year, the cases were cheap with eggshell carton foam in them.

Mine came in a cardboard box with some foam, circa 2007.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys, I love it. I got her greased up and much smoother. Thank you for the heads up, I've heard of Garand thumb so it goes nowhere near the magazine unless I'm holding the op rod. The case is really nice, plus it comes with a rust inhibiting insert as well. Is it weird that I already want another one?

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
Aww shit... Look at that! been here for over 10 years and just hit 1000 posts.

Time for a Karma.

Will be rifle related as I hit the mark here!!!

Sorry for the thread drift...

Haha, congrats on the milestone.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is it weird that I already want another one?

Not at all...unless both of us are weird Big Grin.

Posts: 8414 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:Is it weird that I already want another one?

Perfectly normal, perfectly healthy!

If you want to do something about the stock, send me an email. I might be able to help.

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swiss_seth
posted Hide Post
Yep, My dad bought me my first Garand at like 17, I got M1 thumb and never did it again.

Has the damn rifle hanging off my right hand. Ill never forget that feeling

lol

Beautiful rife. Really stunning IMO

Posts: 1655 | Location: Steel City USA | Registered: October 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post