SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Leopold red dot
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leopold red dot Login/Join 
posted
I did a quick search and found no mention of Leopold’s freedom rds 1x34. Could this group give me their thoughts on this optic on an 16 in AR? Any opinions about a one mil dot and how it stacks up against the obvious competitors. It has a price point that fits my wallet. Would initially go on an Anderson 5.56.
Thanks all, and Merry Christmas

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I owned a LCO for a year and it worked okay, but thought it was a bit bulky so I traded it for a Eotech. I checked out the RDS at the NRA show and it seemed like a nice optic. I pick up the Eotech circle dot reticle a little easier.

https://www.leupold.com/scopes...ld-carbine-optic-lco

Not sure why this one is almost a Grand?

If you like the set up of the RDS I see no reason it wouldn't work on an AR.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Save your money. There are much better red dots out there that are cheaper, have better battery life and are much more durable.

Watch this video and decide for yourself if you want to spend money on this optic.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_DkALBk7bd8

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
When I was looking into getting another Red Dot I looked at those but not for very long.
Too bulky and not very good reviews.
I went with another Romeo5 XDR instead. Excellent bang for the buck IMO.
I got the Predator model this time with a green dot.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I've got one with just the red dot on my Henry .45-70. Love it! It's a bit bigger than many options but I'm a made in America fan where I can be. Since it's not my go to war rifle, it works just fine. Time will tell how it holds up to seasonal use and abuse.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Leupold is an excellent optics maker that has never been able to crack the code on red dots.

Trijicon, Aimpoint, newer EOtech stuff, and even Holosun have offerings that are overall better picks.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post