SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Help with MPX safety removal?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with MPX safety removal? Login/Join 
posted
I'm in the process of installing a FA Binary trigger. My eyes aren't the best at 73 so I need to know if that is a roll pin that holds the rt. side short lever. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 90 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes its a roll pin. I would leave the grip on, so selector stays put, tap it out slow.

But if you are going to put it back on, you might try removing the grip, selector spring and detent, then rotating the selector to the Full auto position, and often that will be enough room of for the trigger to be removed. Much less work than messing with roll pins.

Posts: 1 | Location: TX | Registered: November 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gkgeiger:
I'm in the process of installing a FA Binary trigger. My eyes aren't the best at 73 so I need to know if that is a roll pin that holds the rt. side short lever. Thanks in advance.

I have replaced my MPX safety, and I can tell you firsthand, yes, it is a roll pin. Turn the lower upside down, put some tape (for padding) over the "top" of the roll pin (side that would point up if you were shooting, and then use a punch from the bottom side. Be careful once itsclose to coming out, as the pin itself is long enough to make contact with a raised point in the frame and make a tiny ding in the anodizing (ask me how I know...)

Posts: 3086 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. It's done. Will test tomorrow.

Posts: 90 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
As stated above, it's a small roll pin.

Not sure if it's in common with any other AR LPK roll pins, so tap it out slow and keep your receiver over a magnet or someplace where it's easy to find a small part when it inevitably drops away/out.

Posts: 16791 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cav_scout_tj:
Yes its a roll pin. I would leave the grip on, so selector stays put, tap it out slow.

But if you are going to put it back on, you might try removing the grip, selector spring and detent, then rotating the selector to the Full auto position, and often that will be enough room of for the trigger to be removed. Much less work than messing with roll pins.

It took you 10 years to post, but it was a good one Wink

BTW you qualify for a CUT Big Grin

When in doubt, pinky out.

Posts: 2687 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post