SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CZ Scorpion owners, what all have you done to yours for upgrades
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Scorpion owners, what all have you done to yours for upgrades Login/Join 
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
I'm not too familiar with binary triggers but to me the best money I have spent on my scorpions was to send the trigger packs off to Shooters Element for their internal polish job along with the HB Industries reduced weight spring. It made a world of difference to me for not a whole lot of money.

Posts: 1217 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah the HBI Spring pack is great - I didn't put it in for a year or two, thinking the stock trigger was fine but it was much better with the new springs and wasn't too hard to install.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
The only thing I’m waiting on is the AAC Tirant 3-lug adaptor, right now I have to direct thread but it stays pretty secure.

Its well worth it. It was the only reason I switched barrels (since I switched barrels I also had to switch handguards since it didnt work with the factory handguard).

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
While I wouldn't mind a nicer trigger (did a trigger job on mine and am happy with it, but am spoiled by Geisseles in the AR's), the binary price tag is a bit much and no real interest in a binary trigger. If they knocked about 150 off, and made a standard trigger I'd probably jump. But 500 with a feature I dont want is too much. However, more aftermarket support the better in my opinion for any platform out there.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post
I am happy with mine all stock, with a Sig Romeo5 mounted.

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Mainly for Rogue, but did you need to do any SBR paperwork for your upgrades? And what was your price range on it total? I'm thinking of doing it as I love mine but shoot it not often, and I need a mess around with gun.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shoevb:
I'm not too familiar with binary triggers but to me the best money I have spent on my scorpions was to send the trigger packs off to Shooters Element for their internal polish job along with the HB Industries reduced weight spring. It made a world of difference to me for not a whole lot of money.

I've found that accuracy is easier with my follow-up shot than the initial shot, you don't have to worry about grit or trigger pull, you just aim and release.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post

I love my Scorpion with the SB Tactical folding brace and the mini AK safety levers. Still gotta change the mag release to a better paddle and I have yet to mount my Magpul AFG2 though it’s pretty fine as is IMHO. Been 100% at the range and it’s very accurate.

The k kit with the MLOK forend is tempting though.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have put 350 RDS through my Scorpion with HBI’s trigger springs, K-barrel and rail over the past 2 weeks.

I gotta say, this thing is AWESOME. I may try an Apex safety lever, as I’d like a longer one with some more leverage for getting the safety back on after shooting.

I also broke in 4 of the new “black” CZ 30rd magazines. I had to file the magazine latch on each to get them to seat & lock fully (common with older Scorps I’ve read). Shot each mag once and 2 of them twice - zero issues and the texture is much better than the original slick mags - although I’ve had no issue with any of them breaking (as reported on some forums), to include 2 mags that I have kept loaded for at least 2 years now.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post