SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CZ Scorpion owners, what all have you done to yours for upgrades
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Scorpion owners, what all have you done to yours for upgrades Login/Join 
Picture of KHolm
posted
Hey all!

Simply curious what you all have done to your Scorpions. I’m trying to figure out the best brace setup for my pistol, and leaning towards a Tailhook or SB Tactical Evo. Have added the AK safety selector, KAK blade kit (which is going bye bye, want a folder), Paske grip and Streamlight HLX. Still debating between a Romeo or Holosun optic. Lastly, and purely cosmetic, does anyone know if the carbine faux Suppressor would fit this gen 2 pistol?

What have you done to make it “yours”? And for those that run the above referenced braces, what are your thoughts?

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
-Gearhead Works Tailhook brace with factory folding adapter
-Yeti Wurks Switchback grip
-Stark Express angled foregrip
-Inforce WML with extended IWC Thorntail offset rail mount
-Blue Force Gear VCAS sling with Blue Force Gear "U-Loop" attachment
-HBI ProStock charging handle
-Apex Tactical safety lever - Left
-HBI Mini AK safety lever - Right
-HBI Duckbill extended mag release
-HBI Delta trigger
-HBI trigger spring kit
-Primary Arms mini red dot
-Larue Index Clips

I have a more extensive write-up with my thoughts on all these parts (and some others that I tried) in this thread from several months ago: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/5110054824

Posts: 32424 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Mine is an SBR'd Pistol, and other than the red-dot and folding charge handle (not shown, and I really don't recommend) its OEM. I added the 922 parts kit along with the safety delete for the right side and when it came available I added the rifle forend as I usually shoot it suppressed. I still have hope that suppressors will come off NFA at which time I'll get a shorter suppressor!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I simply added a brace and an adapter to allow the brace to fold to the left opposite the ejection port to my Scorpion pistol, and a green laser. I bought 24 extra mags instead of adding anything else. So it fits and an old briefcase with 6 of the mags.

Posts: 710 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunnitt:
I simply added a brace and an adapter to allow the brace to fold to the left opposite the ejection port to my Scorpion pistol, and a green laser. I bought 24 extra mags instead of adding anything else. So it fits and an old briefcase with 6 of the mags.

I've been tempted to put the short handrail back on for the same reason, it'll fit in a laptop bag that way too, or CZ's handy-dandy case, which is surprisingly inexpensive but not to discrete as it says CZ on the side in big letters!

Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
I love that Tailhook setup and I also hope the suppressors fall off the NFA requirement. Thought about a slip over faux Suppressor purely for asthetics but a folding brace in lieu of the KAK and shockwave are my priority so I can fit it in my Hazard 4 sling pack. It came with 4 Manticore 32 round Steel lipped mags, but I’d love some more to keep on hand, too.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a HBI micro K barrel and handguard installed. It is very conpact. Barrel also has a 3 lug for an Omega 9k pending approval. I will also SBR it and get a zhukov folding stock.

Posts: 425 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KHolm:
I also hope the suppressors fall off the NFA requirement.

Fat chance on that, don't hold your breath.

I also love the tailhook look!

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I have the switchback grips on both of mine, in addition:
AK Replacement safeties (both sides)
Red "duckbill" magazine releases
Red flat face trigger shoes and reduced power trigger springs.
Red oversized charging handle.
QD sling mounts.
Holosun sites on both.
The pistol has an unknown folding mechanism and a Shockwave blade.

Photo Nov 18, 11 04 27 AM by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
The best upgrades I have done are to put on the extended charging handle, the HB industries reduced spring kit, the Paske grip and AK style safety switch. But what has made the most difference to me is that I sent the trigger pack to Shooters Element to have the trigger polished. It was very inexpensive and turn around time was about a week. I had my carbine and pistol both done. It makes shooting them a whole lot more fun.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xmod:
I will also SBR it and get a zhukov folding stock.

Just curious, why the Zhukov folding stock over the factory folder?

I had that set up didn't care for it. I'm 5'7" but the adapter adds a little over an inch and even with the stock collapsed it was kind of long for me, plus the texture and color don't quite match; so I sold it at a gun show to a vendor that had a Scorpion for sale ... I like the Zhukov stock on an AK with the correct funiture. The Zhukov stock and adapter run about $175 ... in the the factory kit your get the stock, as well as the US parts (trigger, sear, mag base plates and followers) for $200.

posted Hide Post
^^^
I’ve tried both factory and zhukov setups. The zhukov fits me better and I like that it has a higher cheekweld.

Posts: 425 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Well, I have owned a Evo since 2015, but didn't shoot it much for several years. I did drop a Form 1 on it while using a Shockwave pistol blade and tube on a Hera Side folding setup. Topped it off with a Trijicon MRO in a low mount and a HBI charging handle & safety.

I liked the weapon but over the last year have come to dislike the railed OEM forend, 7" barrel, and the need to use a thread adaptor to use my Tirant suppressor.

So recently I purchased the HBI Scorpion K kit, which comes with a short 3 lug barrel & 1/2x28 threads, short MLOK rail and all the attachment hardware.

Installation was easy and I can confirm that the HBI metal charging handles DON'T like working with a metal forend (which HBI states upfront), so I swapped back to the OEM CH which is polymer).

Not my pic, but mine now looks like these examples and is a HUGE upgrade IMO. So handy and getting rid of the railed forend & longer barrel makes it so nice, with or without a suppressor.

I put 200+ rounds though mine today, initially zeroing the MRO at 25 again after the barrel swap, then moving on to 7 & 15 yard short range drills.

It's a PEACH! Big Grin

Anyone considering doing the "K" conversion, I highly recommend it!

https://hbindustries.net/store...crok-conversion-kit/

Oh, I also have a couple of the new OEM 30rd magazines on the way - they look more like PMAGs that the originals.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
CZ Scorpion ProStock Charging Handle
CZ Scorpion EVO3 Reduced Weight Trigger Spring Kit
CZ Scorpion Duckbill Mag Release Lever - Aluminum
CZ Scorpion Grip by YetiWurks
CZ Scorpion EVO3 THETA FORWARD Trigger
CZ Scorpion EVO3 AK Style Safety Selector
CZ Scorpion EVO3 Left Safety Delete V2
PMM front and rear QD Mounts
SBO EVO Tactical brace
Inforce WML
Magpul AFG2

This is a perfect setup for me. I’ll eventually add a red dot, but wanting something light. Once I set mine up with the mods it has become of one my favorites I’ve ever owned. Love the thing. When I fold the brace it fits in my work provided laptop bag. A couple of extra magazines and the backpack has a total of 140 rounds. Once you mod it, especially the trigger, safety, and charging handle, it’s night and day from stock. I take it with me often where I used to take my SBR. It’s smaller, more convenient, and since mine is technically still a pistol, I can carry it anywhere. In a Kenneth Cole backpack, nobody looks twice.

Let me know and I can take pics and upload them pretty quick. Good luck.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
CZ Scorpion ProStock Charging Handle
CZ Scorpion EVO3 Reduced Weight Trigger Spring Kit
CZ Scorpion Duckbill Mag Release Lever - Aluminum
CZ Scorpion Grip by YetiWurks
CZ Scorpion EVO3 THETA FORWARD Trigger
CZ Scorpion EVO3 AK Style Safety Selector
CZ Scorpion EVO3 Left Safety Delete V2
PMM front and rear QD Mounts
SBO EVO Tactical brace
Inforce WML
Magpul AFG2

This is a perfect setup for me. I’ll eventually add a red dot, but wanting something light. Once I set mine up with the mods it has become of one my favorites I’ve ever owned. Love the thing. When I fold the brace it fits in my work provided laptop bag. A couple of extra magazines and the backpack has a total of 140 rounds. Once you mod it, especially the trigger, safety, and charging handle, it’s night and day from stock. I take it with me often where I used to take my SBR. It’s smaller, more convenient, and since mine is technically still a pistol, I can carry it anywhere. In a Kenneth Cole backpack, nobody looks twice.

Let me know and I can take pics and upload them pretty quick. Good luck.

Pic's please ... What is the "CZ Scorpion EVO3 THETA FORWARD Trigger"?

To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
I did similar as rhino, but not the k conversion. I used an hbi handguard (normal length and slanted) and an inleadwetrust 3 lug barrel. Same reason, to use with the tirant since I prefer the 3 lug setup.

Other than that, flat trigger (just the trigger), some aftermarket charging handle (forget which), pmm qd sockets, factory stock with sbr paperwork, troy micro sights and an aimpoint micro in the larue hk mount.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The only thing I’m waiting on is the AAC Tirant 3-lug adaptor, right now I have to direct thread but it stays pretty secure.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Here's my SBR'd Scorpion Carbine.

This was the DIY K conversation before HBI offered the barrels as part of the package.

YetiWurks Switchback Grip
HBI Micro/K Handguard
HBI ProStock Charging Handle
HBI Trigger Spring Kit
HBI Duckbill Mag Release
HBI AK Style Safety Selector
CZ Custom barrel chopped and threaded for a 3-lug adaptor
Prepper Gun Shop metal feed lip magazines

quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
So handy and getting rid of the railed forend & longer barrel makes it so nice, with or without a suppressor.

Anyone considering doing the "K" conversion, I highly recommend it!

Wholeheartedly agree! With a suppressor this thing is a blast.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
922(r) done at the factory for me plus HBI trigger and right hand safety delete. I’m really interested in the CZ-Custom push button safety and I just read, tonight, that there is a binary trigger comming out.

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
The Franklin Armory is also releasing their Binary Trigger for the EVO ... The website will let you pre-order now, says release in September!