SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR rifles or parts that will never be sold?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR rifles or parts that will never be sold? Login/Join 
posted
Mine,

The first AR I built was in 88-89 on a PWA A1 lower and parts kit, I think the whole build totaled about $200. Several years back a guy at the range told me I could get $600 out of the lower alone since it was pre-ban. Screw that, this is the rifle the young'uns grew up learning how to shoot.

Three consecutive SN ZEDU lowers purchased while deployed that on my return I put a few thousand miles on the car chasing down.

Anyone else?

Posts: 693 | Location: West of the Pecos | Registered: July 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my Noveske SBR will never be sold.

Posts: 12 | Location: Wasilla Alaska  | Registered: December 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I don't have any really exotic lowers (ban wise) that would make them worth $$$. Mostly Megas, with an AP and Novekse in the mix.

Aside from the SBR lowers, they are all expendable if need be.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
None.

If receivers went for $700 again I would liquidate all of them. The SBR would become normal receivers again.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't sell my BCM. I put it together when the upper, lower, and knick knacks were at their lowest prices with freebies thrown in. I don't have the time to do that again.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a crisis they are all ultimately expendable. but other than that none.why

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alpine79830:
Mine,

The first AR I built was in 88-89 on a PWA A1 lower and parts kit, I think the whole build totaled about $200. Several years back a guy at the range told me I could get $600 out of the lower alone since it was pre-ban. Screw that, this is the rifle the young'uns grew up learning how to shoot.

Three consecutive SN ZEDU lowers purchased while deployed that on my return I put a few thousand miles on the car chasing down.

Anyone else?

sold a Sendra on Gunborker a few months ago for 1K,,, just the complete lower,

I was amazed

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
My Seekins SBR I built. It will be handed down to my son. Along with the Stevens 16GA my Grandfather left me.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Since no one else in the family shoots or has shown any interest in shooting I've been slowly selling off all but my NFA's ... there's an early post-ban Bushmaster receiver I may keep, only because over the last 20+ years it's been in several configurations and was one of the first kit's I put together ... I also have a couple pre-ban BOHICA's marked "M16 SA" that I'm hanging on to.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have some very nice surplus Hensoldt Fero Z24 German 4x scopes I will be keeping.

Designed for the G3 they work quite well with ARs... Nice bit of history too.

----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have AR parts that no one would ever want. Everything else is saleable at the right price.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My FNH SCAR 17s is getting buried with me.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
Living in California I couldn't sell my ARs even if I wanted to Smile

Seriously, I wouldn't sell my Noveske or my BCM

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kilyung:
My FNH SCAR 17s is getting buried with me.

Same here. All my "real" ARs I can let go of, but only for a recockulous price.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2540 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My BCM recce 16 inch with the original KMR.

LWRC DI.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
I have AR parts that no one would ever want. Everything else is saleable at the right price.

+1 It's a tool to be bought and sold as needed.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I doubt I will ever sell my Franken AR-15 that I bought the parts for just before the the '94 Clinton AWB kicked in. It has a PWA lower (precursor to LMT), DPMS parts along with perhaps an Olympic 20' fluted barrel, fixed handle, fixed stock, etc. As memory serves me right now, I paid $1,200 for the complete upper, $300 for the stripped PWA lower, and then a boatload of $$$ for everything else. At the time, everyone assumed you'd never be able to buy an AR again so you bought what you could. At this point, unless someone in a ban state could legally own it and wanted to pay the $$$, I'll keep it as a memory and lesson. The interesting thing is that I only have about 100-200 rounds through it. After I bought the parts, ATF said that unless you had assembled your AR prior to the ban kicking in, it couldn't be assembled (which bucked prior interpretations of the law) By the time I got around to having it assembled after the AWB lapsed, I was shooting other weapons so I have this basically new AR.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
My Colt SP1 won't be sold and will be passed down to my son.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UpTheIrons
posted Hide Post
My first build.
It is a fairly decent knock-off of an SP1. Locally marked lower with unknown mfg complete upper that my friend Jim found on this website(which prompted me to join). All I had to do was buy a bolt, bolt carrier and mags. Love that triangle handguard, it seems to work better for me than the tactical stuff thats out now.

Next build is a full size A2.....

“I used to be totally into Steve Vai and Joe Satriani and other shredders, and I tried to emulate what they did and really grow as a guitarist,” Mr. Hanneman said in “Louder Than Hell.” “Then I said, ‘I don’t think I’m that talented, but more important, I don’t care.’ ”

Posts: 1726 | Location: Arizona Territory | Registered: February 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
I THOUGHT I would never sell my first AR.

And I didn't.... sorta. The lower is now my 3-gun rifle. The barrel went to a guy seeking a pencil 16" with a FSB, the upper went to a guy who wanted a C7, and the bolt carrier group went to a guy in Alaska back during the AR parts frenzy when it was impossible to find a bolt carrier.

Used that money to buy new replacement parts to build a 16" mid-length with an adjustable gas block that is a much better suppressor host than the original carbine was.

I will probably hang onto my 603 build that was a real deal M16A1 that was exported and came back into the country as a kit.

It sports a new barrel and of course a new lower, but they have become much harder to find and it is a classic. I don't shoot it that much though.

The rest of my rifles I will probably just shoot until they are worn out. Replace the barrels and bolts, and repeat. Cool

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post