SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Beretta 1301 Tactical?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 1301 Tactical? Login/Join 
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
the BLINK gas system in the 1301 is light and F A S T. I scored a Marine version and added some Aridus stuff to it.

Very nice.
Looks like a fast handling package with the shorter magazine tube.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4831 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked at two 1301 Comp Pro's today - 24" and 21".

I almost jumped at the 24" at an LGS but my friend said he saw one at another store a bit further away and it turned out to be the 21", so I got it.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Arms unlimited has 1301 Tactical for $999

Posts: 3445 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
Arms unlimited has 1301 Tactical for $999

Doh! Now I need to get that one too? Decisions decisions.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
I looked at two 1301 Comp Pro's today - 24" and 21".

I almost jumped at the 24" at an LGS but my friend said he saw one at another store a bit further away and it turned out to be the 21", so I got it.

I like the 21" for it's versatility. The 24" gun is more for "tactical competition" IMHO. YMMV!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10193 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
quote:
the BLINK gas system in the 1301 is light and F A S T. I scored a Marine version and added some Aridus stuff to it.

Where did you find your Aridus accessories? I have not seen anything in stock?

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2494 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They post stock periodically but it sells out quickly. I'd suggest subscribing for back in stock notifications.

Posts: 5158 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
They post stock periodically but it sells out quickly. I'd suggest subscribing for back in stock notifications.

Thanks..... that’s what I’ll do!!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2494 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1301 Tactical from Arms Unlimited is on order, thanks mark60

Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
1301 Tactical from Arms Unlimited is on order, thanks mark60

When I looked last night, they showed out of stock! Glad you got one!

Arc.
___

posted Hide Post
^^^ Yep I ordered it last weekend and got the FFL details worked out during the week.

Hopefully it's a Gen2 with the replaceable chokes and improved bolt release. Some reviews said they got the older fixed choke version. But a fixed IC choke is fine for an 18.5 tactical shotgun so that' not a big deal to me, the improved bolt release is a big dela though.

Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
Awesome! I went into my local shop Friday, and they had one sitting on the shelf. It was a Gen 2, in the silver marine? finish. It also has the choke tubes. I checked it out, and played with it a little bit. I left it at the store as I wasn’t sure about the price, or how it compared to the Benelli. After I left, I spent a little while on Google and YouTube, and then called him back and told him to hold it for me. I went back in Saturday and picked it up. I wound up paying $100 more than you did, but I’m still pretty happy with my purchase. I would like to add a few accessories to it, as I find them. I plan on running a few boxes through it tomorrow!

Arc.
___

posted Hide Post
Congrats. Great shotgun; it's been on my wantlist for a while; just need Beretta to get production back up so they can get the allocated supply back up for those of us in the industry (gotta save where I can; one certainly doesn't get cash-rich being a gun counter ninja, after all). I've brought them in for customers and a couple of buddies as well. My first time shooting it was a revelation; I do like its balance and speed much better than either the M2 Tact or M4.

-MG

Posts: 1973 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I just got mine in today from Arms Unlimited. I'm not sure what gen to call it but it has the 2nd gen bolt release and a fixed choke barrel. According to the sku on the box and what I found on the web it's a gen 2, I'm not sure. For it's intended purpose the choke doesn't matter to me but I'm glad it has the newer bolt release. BTW it did come with a choke tube wrench just for fun I guess.

Posts: 3445 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I scored a Marine version and added some Aridus stuff to it.

Man, that silver and blue 1301 is one of the sexiest shotguns I've seen in a hot minute.

Even the relatively fugly lines of the Magpul stock can't drag it down too far.

Posts: 32485 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just got mine in today from Arms Unlimited. I'm not sure what gen to call it but it has the 2nd gen bolt release and a fixed choke barrel. According to the sku on the box and what I found on the web it's a gen 2, I'm not sure. For it's intended purpose the choke doesn't matter to me but I'm glad it has the newer bolt release. BTW it did come with a choke tube wrench just for fun I guess.

Arms Unlimited sells the Law Enforcement SKU of the 1301 Tactical which is a Gen 2 with fixed choke. I think fixed choke is preferable for tactical/defense shotguns since the ammo type is more important than choke. Defensive ammo like Federal Flite Control works best with less restrictive chokes to allow the special wadding to stay with the pellets.

Posts: 36 | Registered: August 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Peanut15
posted Hide Post
Well, thanks to the salesmen on Sigforum, I just pre-ordered the 1301 LTT.

Posts: 57 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: October 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cross:
quote:

Arms Unlimited sells the Law Enforcement SKU of the 1301 Tactical which is a Gen 2 with fixed choke. I think fixed choke is preferable for tactical/defense shotguns since the ammo type is more important than choke. Defensive ammo like Federal Flite Control works best with less restrictive chokes to allow the special wadding to stay with the pellets.

Mine came in yesterday and it is the same. Gen 2 with fixed choke, and a choke tube wrench. Does anyone know if it is fixed cylinder or improved cylinder? Agree that fixed choke is fine and actually preferable on an 18.5" "tactical" gun. Slugs and Buck are all it's going to shoot.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peanut15:
Well, thanks to the salesmen on Sigforum, I just pre-ordered the 1301 LTT.

I'll probably just end up ordering the Aierdus parts parts and add what I need. The Zhukov handguard is a drop in and the SGA stock adapter doesn't look very difficult to install.

Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I've got my +2 Nordic Components ordered and I'm waiting for the Aridus adapter to come back into stock.