SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Beretta 1301 Tactical?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 1301 Tactical? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
I've got my +2 Nordic Components ordered and I'm waiting for the Aridus adapter to come back into stock.

Got my +2 Nordic installed and now I can get 7x 2.75" shells in the tube with a little extra room. I kept the stock follower and used the Nordic spring cut to 16" longer than tube (they recommend 12-16" for semi autos) to ensure reliability.

Got the in-stock email from Aridus for a forend but they sold out before I could place an order.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peanut15:
Well, thanks to the salesmen on Sigforum, I just pre-ordered the 1301 LTT.

You won’t regret it. Did you get the CROM site?

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Peanut15
posted Hide Post
No. Did not know if either the Aimpoint or RMR was in my future.

Posts: 57 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: October 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I get you. I like the RDS for the shotgun, but I found the CROM wasn't for me and switched back to the standard and mounted my RDS on the PIC rail. For me, using a Trijicon (or in my case a Holosun) with the CROM resulted in a pretty cluttered sight pic, so I switched to a bigger RDS (a Holosun 510) that while not "co witnessing" with the sights, works just fine if I just use the front sight as a quasi gold dot.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
This thread kept pulling at me and has now cost me money. I was in my LGS which has been void of good defense SG’s for some time and they now have three 1301 tacticals in FDE, marine and black as well as a Benelli M4. That M4 is a sweet tank of a gun but I ended up with a 1301 with Marine finish as it had the best trigger of the three Beretta’s- can’t wait to get to the range next weekend.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've got my +2 Nordic Components ordered and I'm waiting for the Aridus adapter to come back into stock.

Just make sure you have the correct number of US made parts before adding the +2 Extension.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob RI:
This thread kept pulling at me and has now cost me money. I was in my LGS which has been void of good defense SG’s for some time and they now have three 1301 tacticals in FDE, marine and black as well as a Benelli M4. That M4 is a sweet tank of a gun but I ended up with a 1301 with Marine finish as it had the best trigger of the three Beretta’s- can’t wait to get to the range next weekend.

I have a M4 and my son just bought a FDE 1301. No doubt the M4 is a better made gun. It's a tank and has never missed a beat shooting even the lightest Walmart target loads. With that said, If I were buying a new shotgun today, it would be the 1301. Very good quality, reliable, light and fast handling. The 1301 is MUCH cheaper than current M4s. I only paid 1099.00 + tax for my M4 back in 2004. They have gone up a little since then. Smile

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
quote:
Originally posted by Bob RI:

I have a M4 and my son just bought a FDE 1301. No doubt the M4 is a better made gun. It's a tank and has never missed a beat shooting even the lightest Walmart target loads. With that said, If I were buying a new shotgun today, it would be the 1301. Very good quality, reliable, light and fast handling. The 1301 is MUCH cheaper than current M4s. I only paid 1099.00 + tax for my M4 back in 2004. They have gone up a little since then. Smile

Yes, they have gone up a little since then! IIRC, the M4 was $2100 or $2200. I paid $1200 for the 1301. I went in there the next day and the M4 and the FDE 1301 were gone. Given the weight, I’d imagine the M4 would recoil less and will run forever but I’m happy with my decision so far.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bob RI:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jupiter:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bob RI:

The next time my Son comes over, we plan to do a back to back comparison.
Here is a link to a video Mrgunsngear posted a couple of days ago that compares the two.

The Best Tactical Semi-Auto Shotgun: Benelli M4 vs. Beretta 1301

-- George Orwell

posted Hide Post
If you don’t buy the updated CROM sight on the LTT version I assume it remains the factory version. I have read the factory version is polymer. Anybody think it’s worth the update just to get a metal part? I was thinking of getting one either without the CROM or the RMR version. I don’t like the Aimpoint version, the idea of removing the entire base to mount the sight means it’s going on and staying on. I’m just not sure I like a plastic sight on a HD shotgun. Talk some sense into me please.

Posts: 7345 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I see a few people who say they sold Benelli's and bought these, so I'd like to ask about loading them and how it compares? I was inches away from buying a 1301 and held off. Bought a second used M2 instead. (and then a third)
Around that same time I bought a Berretta A391, owned it ever so briefly. I didn't care for how tall the receiver was. And I found it to be the most awkward and fussy to load tube fed shotgun I've ever tried. (and I've owned and used dozens of different models and brands) So that makes me wonder if it was just an A391 Xtrema thing, or a Beratta thing.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
If you don’t buy the updated CROM sight on the LTT version I assume it remains the factory version. I have read the factory version is polymer. Anybody think it’s worth the update just to get a metal part? I was thinking of getting one either without the CROM or the RMR version. I don’t like the Aimpoint version, the idea of removing the entire base to mount the sight means it’s going on and staying on. I’m just not sure I like a plastic sight on a HD shotgun. Talk some sense into me please.

If you end up wanting the RMR CROM, let me know and we can chat.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Just make sure you have the correct number of US made parts before adding the +2 Extension.

What other US made parts can you get for for a 1301 to meet 922r bedsides a Magpul SGA & Zhukov with Aridus adapters, and a new mag follower?

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
quote:
quote:

What other US made parts can you get for for a 1301 to meet 922r bedsides a Magpul SGA & Zhukov with Aridus adapters, and a new mag follower?

Good afternoon,

I have the kit but need to confirm before installing just to be on the safe side.
I placed a call to Nordic Components customer service to double check.
I'm waiting to hear back. I'll let you know.

Nordic Components Technical Support: 952-442-8900

-- George Orwell

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
I just got off the phone with a very helpful gentleman from Nordic components.
He made it clear they could not give legal advice. I totally understand this and agree.
With that said, everything he said matches my understanding of 922r as well.
I would personally not hesitate going forward with the Extension install with the added components you mentioned.

-- George Orwell

Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a 1301 Tactical Gen 2 yesterday. Wow this thing is so cool. Brought it up to the cabin to shoot today. Super light, 7+1. Man does this thing cycle fast! Super fun to shoot!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick_Perry:
I just picked up a 1301 Tactical Gen 2 yesterday. Wow this thing is so cool. Brought it up to the cabin to shoot today. Super light, 7+1. Man does this thing cycle fast! Super fun to shoot!

Congrats on the new 1301. They are so light weight and fast handling.
Is it just me or do they feel shorter than they actually are?

-- George Orwell

Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick_Perry:

Congrats on the new 1301. They are so light weight and fast handling.
Is it just me or do they feel shorter than they actually are?

I thought the same thing when I first picked it up. Feels really compact. The shorter LOP gives it that feeling I think. The more I shoot it, the more I love it.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
If you want the absolute shortest shoulder stock on it (I do because I'm a shorty), then get the GG&G (which is cheaper) or Aridus Magpul stock adaptor, and use a Hogue 12" Mossberg setup overmold stock. It'll be 1/4 inch shorter than the shortest you can make the Magpul. Standard LOP for Beretta stock is about 13" LOP which is about an inch to inch and half shorter than typical shotgun stock LOP.

If you don't like the plastic mag tube end-cap/cover on the standard tactical model, GG&G makes an aluminum replacement that's the exact same dimensions as the plastic one. Don't forget to remove the little plastic plug on the inside end of the mag tube, to give you a tiny bit more room to pack in a full 7 shot shells, but you will then have to contend with a long spring that will shoot out if your not careful removing the mag tube end-cap piece.

Posts: 4340 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
I've developed a longing for the 1301 competition pro in 21".

Looks dreamy despite the weird (to me anyway) blue colored receiver.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post