SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Springfield Armory Saint Pistol
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield Armory Saint Pistol Login/Join 
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted
Opinions other than build your own cheaper?

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Meh.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Now that the gloves are off... look at Palmetto State Armory's offerings, either complete, or (dare I say) building one piecemeal. You'll have plenty of cash left over for decent optics, BUIS, a sling, and a few mags.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you read the official NRA / SA, Inc advertising circular (formerly known as the magazine American Rifleman) you can find out how SA, Inc has revolutionized rifles by inventing from scratch this lightweight, magazine fed, gas operated, air cooled, shoulder fired weapon. It uses space age aluminum and polymer components and an innovative 5.56mm cartridge the likes of which have never been seen. Offering this modern wonder as a pistol version is even that much more mindblowing, I mean how do these guys continually amaze with their innovation?

Smart assery off, as said above you can do better or at least the same for less. There is nothing different about the saint other than the SA Inc hype. Ask any Illinois gun dealer or owner their opinion before you buy for a more detailed review.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice looking rifle but their shenanigans in Illinois has turned me off on Springfield Armory. There are better options out there and without their abhorrent politics.

Posts: 597 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They were listed as crap, but they hope peeps will forget same...

Posts: 971 | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Personally I wouldn't go shorter than 10.3 with an AR pistol in 223/5.56

Velocity falls way off and muzzle blast goes way up.

I went with an 11.5 on my pistol build. Probably would have been just as happy with a 10.3. It gets shot with a can in place 99% of the time.

I don't even know what the Saint pistol is retailing for, but it is probably too much.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
ETA:

$856 at Bud's. Pass.

http://palmettostatearmory.com...h-can-516447012.html

http://palmettostatearmory.com...ine-black-42838.html

And that's not, "Build your own." That's, "Clip this upper on this lower."

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
ETA:

$856 at Bud's. Pass.

http://palmettostatearmory.com...h-can-516447012.html

http://palmettostatearmory.com...ine-black-42838.html

And that's not, "Build your own." That's, "Clip this upper on this lower."

That comes in at $539. The $317 difference would buy a thousand rounds of ammo to train with.

I'm really considering going with a PSA AR pistol kit for one of my lowers.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I think I'm going to pick up the Edge version. It hits all of the cosmetic and functional notes I'm looking for in an AR pistol.

https://www.springfield-armory...e-ar-15-pistol-5-56/

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I've been pleased with the stuff I've gotten from PSA.
I'll be going with one of their pistol kits with an 80% lower.
Most likely this one as I don't need sights
https://palmettostatearmory.co...sba3-pistol-kit.html

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know about other states, but in Michigan the lower has to be registered as a pistol lower. You can put a rifle upper on a pistol lower, but not a pistol upper on a rifle lower. And by the way, I have a PSA 7.5 and it's fun. Have just over four hundred into it without the optic.

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
When I buy a lower they ask if it's for a pistol or rifle.
It's not registered here, just the normal FFL transfer. But it is sold as either a pistol or rifle lower and not marked as such.
Same thing though, once bought as a "pistol" it's always a pistol even though it's not marked.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Does it have grip zone and are there women in yoga pants firing it in commercials?

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by powermad:
When I buy a lower they ask if it's for a pistol or rifle.
It's not registered here, just the normal FFL transfer. But it is sold as either a pistol or rifle lower and not marked as such.
Same thing though, once bought as a "pistol" it's always a pistol even though it's not marked.

Unless Oregon has some funky law requiring that, your FFL is doing it wrong.

Per the ATF, AR lower receivers should be recorded and transferred by your FFL as an "Other Firearm (frame, receiver, etc.)" on the 4473.

They are neither a pistol nor a long gun, and there is no federal requirement to declare an intention to build it as one or the other at the time of purchase/transfer.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post