SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    March Scopes to release a new scope for PRS (and others)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

March Scopes to release a new scope for PRS (and others) Login/Join 
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Well I am needing a good scope for my secondary PD gun and what is being offered looks to fit what I want so am looking forward to seeing the reticle. While an old dog, guess I can learn to use something other than MOA. Cool

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 876 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by low8option:
Well I am needing a good scope for my secondary PD gun and what is being offered looks to fit what I want so am looking forward to seeing the reticle. While an old dog, guess I can learn to use something other than MOA. Cool

I would say that we designed the LD-DK reticle with you in mind. Wink

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
I should add, I'm also really looking forward to seeing the reticles you guys came up with!

Yes, received and understood. But March is in control of this part and we are doing it their way.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I get that, I can wait. Smile

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
Since I became aware of March optics, I've come to appreciate what they bring to the table. When you look at the specs, they really are pretty amazing. Light weight, compact, magnification range & optical quality.

In my quest, I had pretty much settled on the 3-24x FML-T1 Illuminated FFP:

https://www.eurooptic.com/Marc...flescope-D24V42.aspx

That optic seemed to be a great overall match for my SCAR 20S and my MR-762A1. I really like the reticle and I'm sure the image quality will be first rate as well.

This new scope seems to be even better. The brochure seemed to indicate that there is an illuminated reticle version. I will be looking into it for sure.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belgian Blue:
Since I became aware of March optics, I've come to appreciate what they bring to the table. When you look at the specs, they really are pretty amazing. Light weight, compact, magnification range & optical quality.

That optic seemed to be a great overall match for my SCAR 20S and my MR-762A1. I really like the reticle and I'm sure the image quality will be first rate as well.

This new scope seems to be even better. The brochure seemed to indicate that there is an illuminated reticle version. I will be looking into it for sure.

There will not be an illuminated reticle at first. There may be one later, but not at first. If you MUST have an illuminated reticle, go for the excellent 3-24X44 or the superlative 5-42X56 HM WA.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
You're gonna have to request a handle change to "MarchUser"!!! Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
You're gonna have to request a handle change to "MarchUser"!!! Wink

Too funny. But to be exact, I chose NikonUser because that's the brand of camera equipment I use and have used for eons. I do have a few Nikon scopes and I'm not getting rid of them.

I was a Nightfarce user when I registered NikonUser at this site.

posted Hide Post
March has just posted an early announcement. Demo scopes are shipping shortly.

https://marchscopes.com/news/5637/

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NikonUser:
quote:
Originally posted by Belgian Blue:

There will not be an illuminated reticle at first. There may be one later, but not at first. If you MUST have an illuminated reticle, go for the excellent 3-24X44 or the superlative 5-42X56 HM WA.

You will notice that contrary to what I said above, there will indeed be an illuminated reticle for the March-FX 4.5-28X52, however, that illuminated reticle will not be the FML-PDK, or FML-LDK that offgrid and I designed. As we found out during the technical discussion with the manufacturer, there is a minimum width required for illumination, and that was defeating the purpose and subsequent design principles behind our reticles. These reticles are pure competition designs.

I have been shooting F-class for 15 years and while I have illuninated reticles in the scopes, I have never used it.

At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to both of you! Too many people wouldn't have even tried, but you did it and did it right. Now you get to enjoy some well-earned recognition.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaaron11:
Congratulations to both of you! Too many people wouldn't have even tried, but you did it and did it right. Now you get to enjoy some well-earned recognition.

Thank you, that's very kind of you. I actually blame this forum here, it's the kind of place that created the circumstance that made it happen.

I love sharing with this forum, stories about my travels in competition, handloading and optics learning and you folks allow me to do that and offer great suggestions and are not afraid to speak up and set me straight.

I will have a lot more to talk about in optics in the next little while as I do various reviews of new models and concepts.

posted Hide Post
BTW, did you guys see that bit about the dual reticle in the LPVO? It's a 1-10X24 with both an SFP and FFP, and it measures 8.5 inches. This should be the trend setter in LPVOs from now on.

fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
What is a 25 degree wide angle eyepiece, and what is the eye relief on this optic? Thanks.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
What is a 25 degree wide angle eyepiece, and what is the eye relief on this optic? Thanks.

Good question. A normal eyepiece is about 20 degrees. This one is 25 degrees; 25% larger than normal.

In my stickied thread I talk about eye relief and how it works. You can see the discussion here. https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...250024174#6250024174
This scope will have a 25% larger field of view (FOV) than any other riflescope at the same magnification. This is done by having a larger eyepiece.

I do not have the final specs on the 4.5-28X52 but the eye relief should be similar to the one in the 5-42X56. Those numbers are 2.8 to 3.6 inch at low mag, and 2.92 to 3.5 at the high end. The fun part is that you will have a larger FOV at the sane magnification; like I've said before it's like seeing a movie in IMAX.

posted Hide Post
I updated the stickied thread with some thoughts on the new LPVO design from March.

posted Hide Post
The test scopes have arrived earlier today. I have the March-FX 4.5-28X52 with the FML-PDK reticle right on my desk. It's going on a rifle in the morning. The riflescope looks absolutely stunning, just as you would expect from a March scope.

It is just incredible to actually see the reticle we designed in such a phenomenal riflescope. It's one thing to see the reticles in a PDF for different magnifications, it's another to see it in a top tier riflescope with awesome glass.

Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Enough with the teasers, when can us mortal get our hands on or at least salivate over one for real. Big Grin

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 876 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I (do not) apologize for the teasers. I would expect that you will be able to order the scope by the end of this month or soon after. I should point out that March scopes are all hand made in Japan and the lead time is about a month for production and then shipping is another couple of weeks.

In the meantime, here is a picture of the riflescope on my desk.

http://img.gg/MYNkXY1

I took it to the range earlier today mounted on a tripod to see how it performs looking at our 1000 yard target line during the match today. Lots of people looked through it during the day and seemed to like it a lot.

Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Man that and the new 1-10 are tempting scopes!

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post