SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Need some help from the AR knowlege base RE: 6.5 Grendel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need some help from the AR knowlege base RE: 6.5 Grendel Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted
I am almost done with a Grendel build that I inherited....sorta. I bought the parts from one of the Jr DFs who changed his mind on the build. So it seems that relative to headspacing there is some difference of information on the Grendel cartridge. There appears to be a Grendel SAAMI and a Grendel II wildcat. The conflicting info I've read is that a Grendel SAAMI barrel either can or cannot be run with a Grendel II bolt face. Some places I've read say yes and some say no. Some say the Grendel can use the 762x39 bolt. The information varies broadly across otherwise trustworthy sites.

My question is If I have a SAAMI spec barrel, do I use the Grendel I or Grendel II bolt? Please do not speculate as the consequences of an improper headspace could be greater than I can bear. TIA Smile

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
IIRC, the original saami Grendel, now called Type II 6.5 Grendel, was designed to be used with a Grendel bolt, or .136 head spacing.

The Grendel I bolt is a modified 7.62 bolt.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I bought a Faxon type ii barrel with matching Monster bolt.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8011 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post