SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Now that the NFA crush is about done
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Now that the NFA crush is about done Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted
What's on your list to Form 1 or 4?

Any new SBR's? Build or buy a new suppressor?

I kind of wish I'd SBR'd my Styer SPP and my 10-22 take-down, but I've already got several SBR AR lowers and a CMMG dedicated 22, a SBR'd SiG 522 so another SBR'd 22 isn't really necessary ...

However, an SBR'd 10-22 in an Archangle Nomad (HK G36 knockoff) would be cool, and I've got the Archangle with a 16" bull barrel so it would be easy ... a 10.5" barrel and my YHM 22 suppressor would just be long enough to clear the handguard.

Now that I have an adapter to suppress my SPP, I could see SBR-ing that ... A buddy has a non-folding stock for it he said I could "have" if I ever decide to SBR it ... So again, easy

The problem is, that would put my number of stamps at 27 ... it's silly (I probably have some sort of disorder) but I could see myself wanting to "round it up" to 30 Red Face

If I do anything more I'll still put them in my trust, it'll just have the added hassle getting picture and prints, but since I'm the only one in the trust, it won't be a big deal ... and besides, when I flame out (cremation) it'll be easier for the wife (or whom ever) to identify what needs "special handling" when disposing of them.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post

Aside from that, nothing.

The new braces are getting pretty good so its curbed about 90% of the guns that were once slated for SBR.

Got all my cans last year and im trying to justify another one but cant. Perhaps a Surefire SOCOM mini becasue.........because.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Nothing really right now, only thing I might need down the road is a .50 cal can. And agree with the above, with all the new brace deigns... SBRing for now is done as well!

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I recently (within the past 2-3 months) purchased 3 more suppressors.
(salvo, m4-2000, and a rimfire can)
I have plans to still purchase a few more (5 or 6) in the coming months.

I also have plans to submit at least 1 more SBR (form 1)
(possibly 2)
(ok probably 2)

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1539 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To Warpig,
What "approved" braces are you using?

Posts: 971 | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Well, they're all approved in my eyes but the newest offerings from SB tactical have a very stock like appearance to them, so much so that Id rather forego the 200 stamp and wait time and have the ability to move through other states unimpeded.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Swiss Arms 551P

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How is it "About done."?
What are wait times down to now?

Posts: 286 | Location: midwest | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogrobber13:
How is it "About done."?
What are wait times down to now?

Wait times are still long as hell.
They're working on Eforms (form1) for 7/10 and 7/11
(41f started on 7/13 - so we're close)

I have personally received stamps that I sent in on 7/6 and were cashed on 7/12. This was about 3 weeks ago.

So.. They're pretty damn close to being all caught up on the pre-41f submissions.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1539 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
I just picked up my first 2 suppressors yesterday. While there, my FFL and I started talking about shooting suppressed .22s and he let me shoot 2 of his firearms. An integrally suppressed CZ bolt action and a Walther PPK with an Xcalibur Eco-22, which he sells for $200.

Reading about how awesome and fun .22s are to shoot suppressed on the forum, experiencing it in person finally, everything said was absolutely correct! It was grin-inducing fun. Big Grin

I'm going to order my first .22, the Ruger Mark IV bronze has caught my eye, after they get the recall stuff done with and also get a suppressor for it post-41F. Now to start saving...

I'm hoping the wait this time won't be as long for the suppressor.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1048 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'd love another 1-2 suppressors, another 762 can and maybe another 556.

Otherwise I'm good - I would like a RDIAS of course, but the juice isn't remotely worth the squeeze.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
I hear ya. So give me some input on how to "fix" a Gemtech direct thread can to a 10.3 " barrel making it 16" overall.
Happened to find a few Gemtech's Treks at a price I could not resist.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
What's on your list to Form 1 or 4?

Any new SBR's? Build or buy a new suppressor?

I kind of wish I'd SBR'd my Styer SPP and my 10-22 take-down, but I've already got several SBR AR lowers and a CMMG dedicated 22, a SBR'd SiG 522 so another SBR'd 22 isn't really necessary ...

However, an SBR'd 10-22 in an Archangle Nomad (HK G36 knockoff) would be cool, and I've got the Archangle with a 16" bull barrel so it would be easy ... a 10.5" barrel and my YHM 22 suppressor would just be long enough to clear the handguard.

Now that I have an adapter to suppress my SPP, I could see SBR-ing that ... A buddy has a non-folding stock for it he said I could "have" if I ever decide to SBR it ... So again, easy

The problem is, that would put my number of stamps at 27 ... it's silly (I probably have some sort of disorder) but I could see myself wanting to "round it up" to 30 Red Face

If I do anything more I'll still put them in my trust, it'll just have the added hassle getting picture and prints, but since I'm the only one in the trust, it won't be a big deal ... and besides, when I flame out (cremation) it'll be easier for the wife (or whom ever) to identify what needs "special handling" when disposing of them.

Kimber, the SPP is not great for SBR due to the need for the original (difficult to find) TMP stock. You're better off buying a B&T TP9 instead.

As for me, I have a HK94 that's getting the MP5-N sbr makeover. It has a fleming sear installed so I've been stalling in filing a form-1. I picked up a SP5K before the election and need to sbr it too. And I have a SCAR16 and PS90, both of which have long had approved form-1s and need short barrels installed. I have one more SIG 551-2 to sbr in the future, but that will wait for now. Too many irons in the fire.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2317 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Im going to form 1 my MPX and MK18 this week. I also plan to get a SiCo Omega9k suppressor bought sometime this year for the MPX.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:

Ohhh... that V7s is one sweeeet little SBR. Cool

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoshNC:
<SNIP>
Kimber, the SPP is not great for SBR due to the need for the original (difficult to find) TMP stock. You're better off buying a B&T TP9 instead.

Does the TMP stock fold? I've been "of age" since the 70's and I've only seen folders in the movies, but like I said I have access to a non-folding one and I think it's Styer but I'd have to look it over again. It slides up from the bottom and has a notch the pistol grip fits in, and slides into the strap at the back with a latch that locks it in, I've always thought it was OE

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
Does the TMP stock fold? I've been "of age" since the 70's and I've only seen folders in the movies, but like I said I have access to a non-folding one and I think it's Styer but I'd have to look it over again. It slides up from the bottom and has a notch the pistol grip fits in, and slides into the strap at the back with a latch that locks it in, I've always thought it was OE

It does not fold. It is a big thumbhole stock.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2317 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:

Ohhh... that V7s is one sweeeet little SBR. Cool

Was a touch choice between this and the V4 SBR, ultimately I figured if I was going as small as possible, I might as well go light too.

Another member here got a BCM RECCE II LW pistol and when I threw it on the scale it came back at 5.8. I think that was the tipping point to go lighter.

If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I'd love to get a can to deer hunt with. It's legal here in NC, and I'm sure my ears would appreciate it. I've been researching what I could get and use with what guns I have, or if I'd be better off to just buy a new .308 with a threaded barrel. Decisions, decisions. Smile

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoshNC:
It does not fold. It is a big thumbhole stock.

This is a stock like my buddy has and said I could have ... of course my SPP wouldn't have the forward grip.