SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    semi auto, 20 rd mag, 90-100 grain ammo, scopable rifle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

semi auto, 20 rd mag, 90-100 grain ammo, scopable rifle Login/Join 
posted
that is not evil black military in appearance.

.243 win. would be very nice
prefer not clipped ammo , mag pref.

under $1,300.00

wood looking like an m1 or sks

does something like this exist ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Well, a Ruger Mini-14 would be a little on the "light" side bullet wise, but the Mini-30 in 7.62x39 would be just over your range. Still a good deer round at out to 100 yards.

Has a magazine
Can easily mount an optic.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
FNAR fits the bill except for the caliber: .308

Flexible?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At one point, hi-cap mags were available for the Remington semi auto rifles.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
FNAR fits the bill except for the caliber: .308

To the best of my memory I have sold exactly two rifles in my whole life. both of which I hated. One was an HK308 and the other was a FNAR. The HK beat the crap out of me shooting it, brass was unusable and since it was an HK the next person loved it and paid well for the privilege.
The FNAR is the most complicated POS for what it is that you can imagine. If you live in the world of AR/SCAR/HK/anything else, maintaining and supporting the thing is ridiculous. Before you contemplate buying one head on over to FN and read the manual. really...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
IIRC Springfield made some M1A's in 243

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Remington 7400 is close and get some 10 round magazines. As for 20 round mags I don't know if they exist.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not what you want. But I carry a Remington 7615 in my truck because it is not black and evil looking. Not semi, .223 but takes ar mags. Not sure if they still make it. I know from personal experience that even in my very rural neighborhood if I walk down the road with an AR slung (walking back from hunting etc.) I will hear about it, but if I do the same thing with this, no one will give a hoot.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
You might go looking for a Ruger Mini-14 in 6.8 Rem. Just remember it isn't the 6.8 SPC II, which has a slightly longer leade. Ammo shouldn't be a problem, though, since the Rem. is SAAMI spec (Hornady has some lovely factory offerings) and the SPC II hasn't been SAAMI-approved yet.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Outside your price range, but otherwise...

https://www.springfield-armory...oaded-6-5-creedmoor/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Outside your price range, but otherwise...

https://www.springfield-armory...oaded-6-5-creedmoor/

Street price is around $1,500. This is as close as you're gonna get and you can always have it rebarreled.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Ruger makes the mini 14 in .300 BO.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post