SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    My birthday present to myself...OR...how Bisleyblackhawk enters the 21st century...oops, I meant 20th century :-)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My birthday present to myself...OR...how Bisleyblackhawk enters the 21st century...oops, I meant 20th century :-) Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
Today is my birthday...so to celebrate, I took advantage of some unused gift cards and bought myself a new Ruger AR556 and a Vortex Spitfire 3X prismatic scope. A MAGPUL CTR stock (I already had the MOE) will be here next week as well as 1000 rounds of Wolf Gold 55 grain...

I was going to the range today after I gave it a good strip, clean and lube, but the rain put an end to that noise Frown...maybe Sunday Big Grin...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Congrats, I like the Ruger and it would be near the top of my list for a quality budget AR.
I am sure it will serve you very well.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19159 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday man!

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Well, Happy Freakin' Birthday! Good choice!

I didn't see your name for the GA state match. Hopefully we'll see you in Alabama or TN. Be sure to say you want to shoot with "The Krappy Gang".

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nothing can be Something
Picture of greybeard9
posted Hide Post
Now that's a way to celebrate a birthday.

Happy Birthday to you.

"In the age of madness, to expect to be untouched by madness is a form of madness." - Saul Bellow

Posts: 1063 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
That must've been some kind of rain. Happy birthday, here's hoping for a sunny Sunday!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
It has been a sad time for you as of late, I hope you have a happy birthday nonetheless.

Posts: 12178 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks like a fun set up. I like seeing basic setups like that, seems like so many people these days go apeshit accessorizing and buying boutique brand lowers etc.

I still have a basic 6920 and a DD M4V3 but I think I'll be getting rid of the Daniel defense soon.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
That's a whole bunch of gift cards

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Looks great Bisley! Happy belated birthday!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Nice gun. Happy Birthday!

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post