SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone have experience with the Benelli 828 over/under?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have experience with the Benelli 828 over/under? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
As others have said there is a difference between a Trap and Skeet gun and an even bigger difference between those and an Upland gun.

You mention you'll rarely go to the range and mostly hunt with it. For Upland I've really enjoyed a light 20ga. Earlier this year I hunted with a CZ Upland Ultralight in 20ga and it was great. I'd suggest something light for Upland. 26" barrel doesn't bother me at all for that, though I don't mind a 28" either.

For a target gun I'd definitely want a heavier gun. I shot a couple weekends a month for usually 100-250+ rounds each time and a real light gun I'd like for Upland would not be what I'd want for that. But you can do just fine with a cheap used 870 for that. Lots of options for you.

As far as the specific gun you asked about like most I just don't have much or any experience with it. Benelli has a great rep for the semi guns, and I'm sure they build a nice O/U. O/U guns are so dominated by the two B's that other fine guns have a hard time getting much market acceptance.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post