SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What’s a good carbon scraper/ bolt carrier/ bolt cleaning tool?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s a good carbon scraper/ bolt carrier/ bolt cleaning tool? Login/Join 
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Scraping? I hit mine with a bit of Kroil, it melts carbon like crazy. Then follow up with a bit of 3M green scrubby if needed. Easy as pie.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Dremel w/a brass brush.

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Never realized Kroil was a carbon killer haha. Thanks for all the input.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3692 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ALG Go Juice is also a carbon killer. It is really amazing. I use it with a Scotchbrite pad on my suppressor mounts.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2318 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was in back in the day, we’d strip the M-16s, 203s, and M-60s down and dunk them on a screen into a half 55 gallon drum of Tricloroethane. Once they dried out you have to lube them up well as the triclor takes all the grease and oil off. This is an especially handy way to clean M-60s after a day at the range training ROTC weenies down at Bragg for Summer Camp.

Don’t recommend getting that stuff on you and I’m sure its not a good skin care product.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
5.56 brass works great for me.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I’m a CAT M-4 tool user as well.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
Also like the CAT tool . Recommend by my armorer instructor who was also selling them at the time.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post