SIGforum
What’s a good carbon scraper/ bolt carrier/ bolt cleaning tool?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/6350098844

October 31, 2018, 07:04 PM
zoom6zoom
What’s a good carbon scraper/ bolt carrier/ bolt cleaning tool?
Scraping? I hit mine with a bit of Kroil, it melts carbon like crazy. Then follow up with a bit of 3M green scrubby if needed. Easy as pie.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.
November 01, 2018, 04:42 PM
229DAK
Dremel w/a brass brush.

November 01, 2018, 05:42 PM
Valpo Fz
Never realized Kroil was a carbon killer haha. Thanks for all the input.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS
November 01, 2018, 11:10 PM
JoshNC
ALG Go Juice is also a carbon killer. It is really amazing. I use it with a Scotchbrite pad on my suppressor mounts.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald
November 01, 2018, 11:57 PM
Abn556
When I was in back in the day, we’d strip the M-16s, 203s, and M-60s down and dunk them on a screen into a half 55 gallon drum of Tricloroethane. Once they dried out you have to lube them up well as the triclor takes all the grease and oil off. This is an especially handy way to clean M-60s after a day at the range training ROTC weenies down at Bragg for Summer Camp.

Don’t recommend getting that stuff on you and I’m sure its not a good skin care product.

+
November 06, 2018, 09:05 AM
dog44
5.56 brass works great for me.
November 06, 2018, 02:59 PM
TheFrontRange
I’m a CAT M-4 tool user as well.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza
November 06, 2018, 05:02 PM
Also like the CAT tool . Recommend by my armorer instructor who was also selling them at the time.