SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sako Finnfire P90S - 22LR Bolt Action Rifle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako Finnfire P90S - 22LR Bolt Action Rifle Login/Join 
posted
Hello All,

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the Sako Finnfire P90S, bolt action .22 LR firearm? If so, please share them (good, bad, ugly).

Are they accurate to 100 yards with a good quality scope? (Yes I know it is a .22LR)

Are their any negatives associated with them or problems to watch out for? I have an opportunity to obtain a 20+ year old one in excellent condition.

Thank You in advance.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 617 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Clem Eastwood
posted Hide Post
I dont have first hand knowledge, but i do know on rimfirecentral the Sakos have a very good reputation for accuracy and quality. I have not seen anything over the years that would keep me from buying one, and I have seen many targets shot with them that were impressive. IMO, buy it and try it. With .22 rifles you never know how it will shoot until you test it. As far as a .22 being accurate at 100y, sub MOA is very possible regularly from a very good .22 rifle at 100y with the ammo the rifle likes. In this case, my anschutz 64 MPR shot this with SK pistol match. But many other loads with work. This group is 5/8" center to center

Posts: 2068 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you can get your hands on one, go for it. They are great. I have been looking for the benchrest/ranger stock.

THey have dropped from about 1400 two years ago, down to about 800 in the last 6 months. With the ranger stock. Normal being the least expensive, varmint barrels a somewhere in the middle.

Now, I have a cz, an anni 64 mpr, and kimber 82g. The MPR being my favorite. It is at that 1400 price point new.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your responses.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 617 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post