SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR pistol build questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR pistol build questions Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
When I picked up my 15-22 the gun shop had a stripped Anderson lower for $65 and it followed me home. I’ve already decided on a 5.56 build with a 10.5” upper. This will be double duty as a fun gun and defense. Question for now is triggers. Quality single stage is good or does it really need a two stage?

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Larue trigger is $87 bucks right now, worth a shot.
https://www.larue.com/products...ical-mbt-2s-trigger/

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I have three of these Nickel Teflon triggers from Tom's Tactical...each one breaks at around 6 1/2 lbs. but with no creep or grit...$40 shipped.

http://www.tomstactical.com/To...ger-Group_p_169.html

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Question for now is triggers. Quality single stage is good or does it really need a two stage?

One versus two stage is really a personal question -- it depends upon how you like your triggers to break. In my experience it's better to have triggers that are reasonably similar across multiple platforms.

There are number of quality two stage triggers on the market. The Larue at $87 has to be one of the better deals.

I prefer single stage triggers and have them for shotguns, bolt actions, and ARs. I currently have 5 Wilson Combat triggers in ARs. Pricey, but they're quite good.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Larue triggers are the best for the buck in my opinion! Buy one and you will by them by the half dozen next time!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I have a 10.5" built on an Anderson lower with PSA parts.

I have the 2 stage CMC flat trigger. Love it!

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
LaRue!

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
I have a LaRue and it is a very good 2-stage trigger but I prefer single stage triggers in anything that isn't a longer range rifle.

It is not hard to pull through the first stage of a 2-stage and shoot it fast, but I have gravitated towards single stages in most of my rifles.

My favorite is my JP Single Stage EZ trigger.

Just installed a HiperFire Hipertouch Elite in another rifle that previously had a LaRue MBT in it. I still need to suss it out but I think it will stay in that rifle.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I am partial to Geissele triggers. I really like their SDC straight trigger. They have been on sale all winter long and picked up several for $112.00. I have Wilson Combat, ALG, Daniel Defense and Geissele triggers in my AR's. I like the G. best.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Leemur

You've got mail.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The trigger (and all other parts decisions) were made for me thanks to Thunderson and a good deal. Just waiting for my Sig Romeo5 to get here from PSA!

fallout new vegas legendary creatures

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
that looks longer then a 10.5 ?

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a similar kit, except mine is grey. The can/flash forwarder is like three inches long. If you look close you can see the end of the barrel an inch or so back from the end of the handguard.

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
that looks longer then a 10.5 ?

It definitely looks longer but it is a 10.5” barrel. I also couldn’t pass up the deal. It was a shits n giggles purchase as are many things I have. Wink